Sunday, May 18

which bed tonight?

I personally believe that the more places you can find to sleep, the better. And if this philosophy holds true for our little L, he is the luckiest boy alive! We constantly have this hope and dream and never-ending ambition of getting him to sleep in a "bed" (which has consisted of the pack 'n play in our bedroom), but sometimes - quite often actually - he ends up in a variety of locations while he sleeps for the sake of actually sleeping! While his ultimate favorite is a swing that we're borrowing from some friends (this has been the BIGGEST life saver ever!), he has also spent quite a bit of time on the couch, a bean bag, mom and dad's bed, his bed, bouncer, carseat, and our arms. Now, with all of these options, (nine to be exact!) why would we ever need to introduce a new one?! Besides the fact that ten is an even number, we bought a monitor! Horray! So last night, after sleeping in our arms and in the swing, we finally tried out crib! He slept a whopping two hours in it, and we feel it was a small step toward success. Although, I hate to admit it, I was being the typical worried-first-time mom and lied awake for the first hour worried that the monitor wouldn't work. And then I woke up after the second hour to a random bird outside our window, and I immediately jumped out of the bed and ran into the other bedroom thinking that all of my worries were legit and the monitor was not picking up my baby's cries. I felt a little silly looking down at a sleeping baby while hearing the bird outside. Nevertheless, little L woke up within a few minutes asking for food so I had to stay awake. Either way - one night down in the Operation Transition To Crib, and it looks successful. I would love to keep you all up to date with the progress, but I am sure this kind of information is not at all interesting to most of you. Nevertheless, be looking for the next update. In the mean time, Ry and I will try to get a life and do something else that is blog worthy so we can be a little more entertaining. :)

4 comments:

Traci said...

I still have slightly panicked moments when I am not sure if the monitor is on (or if the volume is up). Even though I can pretty much hear her without the monitor anyway. Such is the life as a mom. Of course now there are those moments when I hear her loud and clear and I just lay there saying "please fall back asleep! please fall back asleep!"

Unknown said...

sounds like a lively adventure! I love hearing these details, personally, so keep em coming! :)

Cynthia said...

He is wonderful...so adorable and I can't stand that he is growing so fast...in spite of the fact that I whispered "Don't grow, Stay little..." in his ear before I left. Thanks for keeping me updated!

Tara said...

Don't apologize for doting -- it's your job. :) It's good to read about L -- he's a DOLL! Best of luck with transition to crib - I hope you enjoyed sleeping before you had children, because restful nights are pretty much a thing of the past. :) But your body will figure out how to get what it needs -- I wake up when my kids cough, but I sleep right through Joseph's alarm clock. :)
Love you guys!!!