Saturday, May 31

happy boy!

So I realized yesterday that I haven't taken many pictures of little L lately, and I felt so sad! He's growing so quickly - right before our eyes - and I need to document it! R and I visited a friend in the hospital with her newborn, and L looked huge! It was unreal how big he was, and it was a huge shock to us. It's sad that you sometimes don't even notice all the changes because you are with him everyday!

Anyway - so I decided to take lots of pictures lately. My attempt has been to try and capture his smiles. L started to smile at week 5 - but they've been so sporadic and random sometimes (although trust me - these are not gas bubble smiles - it's the real deal!) that it's hard to know when to pull out the camera! And now he is even more alert and he loves to look around at things (this could be a whole post by itself - just watching him take it all in for the very first time and the miracle and beauty of it all - it's amazing!), he sees me holding the camera and he totally stops smiling to stare at the camera and figure out what it is! So then I have to hide the camera, make him smile, and randomly click the shutter hoping that his face will be in the screen. I have missed so many times, but have managed a couple. Here's some good smiling pictures!

He's warming up ...

I barely got lucky on this one !And here's my favorites!

Hopefully there'll be plenty more to come. I LOVE his smile!!

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

I love his smile too...What a doll! Thanks so much for the update. July is too far away!

Tiffany said...

Sooo cute!