(a friend of mine took pictures of his baby every week next to the same stuffed animal to watch him grow - great idea! I missed the first few weeks, so I'm doing it every month. It'll be fun to see how he grows and changes!)New statistics:
L-boy is now 11 lbs, 6 oz. 23 inches long. 90th percentile in both categories.
Holy cow my baby is huge! Even though I absolutely love how little he was and is still and I tell him every day that he's not allowed to grow anymore, I could not stop beaming when we were in the doctor's office after they told us how much he weighed. Ryan just kept laughing at me because of how excited I was!
Since this blog ends up being somewhat of a journal to me, here are some of my favorite things about L-boy so far:
Random moments while he sleeps on my lap where he will literally let out this wail of a cry, and after two seconds (sometimes longer), he's completely asleep again. Just testing those vocals!
The way his fingers wrap around mine.
How he sticks out his tongue all the time ... it cracks me up!
How he still likes to snuggle and be held all the time.
Conversations at 3am in the morning when Ryan asks, "Do we have a goat in our bedroom?" (L-boy makes a lot of noise while he sleeps!)
How he loves to stretch out his legs and be tall, but every once in a while still curl up in a tiny ball while lying on my chest - so precious!
How he seems to know when Ryan picks him up and instinctively stops crying to look up at him.
The way his whole body shakes when he has the hiccups.
How he LOVES to hold his head up! He's been doing it since day one, and only getting better at it!
The wrinkles in his forehead when he raises his eyebrows.
How he actually rolled over in the pediatrician's office today! Got that right! Our little guy is WAY advanced for his age! ;) (the doctor said that's typical right now while their arms and muscles are so tense and stiff ... once they develop a little more coordination he'll have to learn how to do it all over again - but still! He rolled over at one month! Woot woot!)
His strawberry-blonde hair with his receding hair line - I hope it turns even more red when it starts growing again!
His gas bubble smiles ... he's holding out the real deal for that special moment.
How I can already tell that he's going to be one active little boy - there's never a dull moment with him!
I love him!
5 comments:
A month already! And rolling?!! He is just incredible! He really is getting bigger! I also tell Bailey that she's not allowed to keep growing and now she's almost a year! I love this post and all the love your express for your baby boy. You are such a sweet and wonderful mom.
That comment was actually from me, Angela. I'm sure Dave agrees with everything I just wrote though :)
Ah, Heather! This is the cutest blog posting! I'm glad you are so happy with your lil guy! and congrats on his superbaby skills-- I'll bet he gets his advanced abilities from his mom. Couldn't be his dad. :)
Heather, this was a neat post. I need to write down things I like about my kids at different stages more often. Blogging helps me some, but I need to do better. Here's some food for thought...my first baby was born weighing 11 lbs 11.6 oz!!! LOL Thanks for sharing all your posts!
Heather,
your little guy is so adorable! I loved your post too about all the cute things you love about him. I had to laugh about the goat comment, when Cam was tiny people would always make comments on his goat sounding noises when he slept too. Keep having fun!
Post a Comment