Thursday, September 25

i've been hit

High School Tag

Okay ... so reading other people's tags actually kind of made me excited to do this one. But I could talk forever - so I'll try to keep it sweet and short.

1. Did you date someone from your high school: Yes. And other high schools. To name a few, Sam, Mike, Jared.

2. What kind of car did you drive? : I drove a Chevy S10 pick-up for a little while, and if you took a left turn too sharp the engine would cut out. Erin and I had some exciting drives to school some days! :) But my all-time favorite was the family Ford Tempo - almost as old as me! Ahh ... the silver bullet. So many memories.

3. What is your most embarrassing moment in high school?: Um - definitely was embarrassed all the time. Random memory though - one time I lost my keys after a soccer practice, and the whole team linked arms and walked the field trying to find them for me. Talk about working together! :)

4. Were you a party animal?: Umm ... for mormon standards, yes. But everyone else's standards, definitely no. :)

5. Were you considered a flirt?: I'm not sure. I loved to have fun, and I definitely liked my fair share of guys. But I think I really tried to maintain friendships more than anything.

6. Were you in band, orchestra, or choir?: Orchestra for three years, choir my senior year. Choir was by far my favorite!

7. Were you a nerd? : I had an amazing ability to change personalities (much to the frustration of teachers, parents, even friends sometime), and if I wanted to be a nerd I was. That happened periodically ... but never consistently. Like, when our class was being videotaped for a national-teacher-education thing, I out of nowhere started spitting out these deep, philosophical interpretations of the books we had read in AP English. Got teased for that one for a long time! :)

8. Were you on any varsity teams? : I was a Varsity soccer 4 years, tennis 2 years, bowling 1 year. haha.

9. Did you get suspended/expelled? : Nope.

10. Can you still sing the fight song? : Definitely not.

11. Who were your favorite teachers? : Mrs. Slosson, Mrs. Pablo. Two of the greatest mentors. Mrs. Miller.

12. Where did you sit during lunch?: Lunch room, DECA room, A-House commons, outside, Safeway, Papa John's, Burger King, pretty much everywhere.

13. School Mascot?: The Hawks.

14. Did you go to homecoming and with who?: Susan Schutz, Tamika Ladd, Heather Schmidt, and ... Jacob Delimont (that was at his high school though) haha!!

15. If you could go back and do it again, would you? : For sure. I loved high school. There are some aspects that were rough - but for the most part I really had a good time.

16. What do you remember most about graduation?: I sang "A Piece of Sky" at graduation, and all I remember is being nervous. Afterwards we took pictures for hours and then we went to parties. I remember one of the 'popular' guys telling me that I had a sexy singing voice at one party - haha. I think he might have been drinking. But I took the compliment! :)

17. Where did you go senior skip day?: Sadly, I think I had a senior skip day a lot more often then every one else. I was voted "most likely to skip class" in our yearbook. haha!

18. Have you gained weight since then?: Well, I've definitely fluctuated - having a kid does that!

19. Who was your prom date?: I didn't go to the "real" prom. Our stake had a Priest/Laurel Formal dance, and I went to that with Jared Chandler. MUCH better than any school dance. I'm pretty sure that was the best dance I'd ever been to during high school.

20. Are you planning on going to your 10 year reunion?: I doubt my class would be organized to even have one. But sure, why not?

21. Looking back, what advice would you give yourself?: Not depend on others for self-esteem! Enjoy every moment, and don't be such a drama queen!

You're it: Who ever wants to take a trip down memory lane.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, I NEVER would have guessed YOU would be voted 'most likely to skip class'! Ya think you know a gal!... :)

Bonnie said...

Well.... I learned a few things from this. I'd like to hear your deep, philosophical interpretations of your AP English readings. Maybe your next post?

Anonymous said...

Wow, Heather! You brought up some of the funniest memories. I still clearly remember Evan telling you that you had a "sexy" singing voice. In fact, it still makes me giggle out loud. How random. Do you also remember getting caught by your mom at McDonald's on one of your skip days...or backing up the silver bullet when we were skipping and realized a security guard was not letting any cars out of the high school. Good Times...

Unknown said...

I totally drove the lovely Ford Tempo during high school too! cute :) We named it Celcius... I'm not sure why. Cute little car.