Time is flying by! L is getting so big, and acting so big as well! He wins over every person we meet with his smile, and everyone always seems to be surprised that he's only five months. My love for him just continues to grow, and I cannot imagine our family without him!
Since we had L's 4 month check up pretty late (a week and a half ago!), I'll use those statistics for this month!As of August 27, L weighed 18 lbs 12 oz, and was 27 1/2 inches long.
He was at the very top of the charts for weight, and he was above the chart for height. I don't know where this kid is getting these genes - but holy cow! I thought he slowed down! :) He definitely does not have a problem eating!!
When he got his shots a week and a half ago, he screamed during the process. I nursed him right after, and when I was done nursing him, he looked up at me and smiled. Cute, huh?
He giggles all the time when we blow on his belly.
His tongue is incredibly fascinating to him - he will stick it in and out all day long! It's rare to get a smiley picture without it!
You know the warm-up singers do when they blow through their closed lips to get that weird vibrating sound? L's a pro at it. I'm pretty sure he's going to be the best singer ever.
Bath time is an absolute favorite! It's part of the bedtime routine - although it's way more playful than relaxing. He could be screaming up until the second his body hits the water, and from then on out he is happy. He loves to kick and splash Mom and Dad!
When he's laying down and I pull his arms to help him sit up, he won't bend at the waist at all because he just wants to stand up as much as possible! So he immediately gets up on his feet and smiles.
"Let me go, but don't let go of me!" -- Ry, speaking for little L. He is incredibly squirmy and does not sit still! But yet he still wants to be held all the time ... it perplexes me.
He loves to suck on his toes now ... it is so dang cute to watch his chubby body curl up like that!
He loves to have his feet touching things as well - when I change his diapers he wraps his legs and feet around my arms. I love it! It's like he's trying to hold on to me really close!
His dimply thighs ... I love to squeeze them!
We started him on rice cereal over a week ago, and he loves it! If he's in a good mood, then he honestly will just keep eating as long as your offering it to him. I think his life mantra is "If there's food available, give it to me! I'll take whatever you've got!"
The way he smells - at least right after his bath. I love the clean baby smell! Oh, and the soft skin - double bonus.
Sometimes, when he gets really tired, I lift him up and he very firmly places his arms around my neck to hold me close and pushes against me with his head. Oh my heart just melts! I swear, he's got me wrapped around his little finger!
We have a chair that helps him sit up, and he loves it! He loves to be supported and be able to still see everything going on.
He's learning how to fall asleep on his own. It's a beautiful thing.
He's starting to like it when we hold him upside down. I see a lot of rough housing in his future. :)
This might be the first month of L's life where he has not worn the corresponding number of his age in months to his diaper size. Yes, that is correct. His thighs are so big that he is wearing size four diapers. I am expecting him to be in size four for a while, because size five just sounds huge! But that's what I thought about size three as well ... and they didn't last us too long (or should I say his clothes didn't last that long? oh well)!!
We've needed to start clearing everything out of his reach no matter where he is. This opens up a whole new world to us - and to be honest, we're scared. We need to start baby proofing our house already?!
Teeth have got to be on the horizon, because he absolutely must have something in his mouth at all times. Mom's hair, Dad's shirt, toys, pacifier, hands, feet, stuffed animals, blankets, anything!
"Bald is beautiful" (takes after Grandpa Bruce)
Anywhere outside is still his favorite place to be.
We've taken him swimming a couple times at OSU's swimming pools, and he loves being in the water. It is so much fun playing with him!!
We've taken him swimming a couple times at OSU's swimming pools, and he loves being in the water. It is so much fun playing with him!!
He's so happy now and makes everyone around him happy.
5 comments:
Heath, I love reading all your "Loves" when it comes to L-boy. I can tell how much joy he brings you... and I just can hardly wait for my turn! You're a great mom, btw!
He is SO stinking cute!! I hope our baby is as cute as L! I love all of your little fun facts, it makes me so happy! I hope I'm a great mom like you! Love you so much!
Heather, this is so fun! He's changing too fast for those of us who don't get to see him often enough! BYW, Happy Birthday!
Happy Birthday Heather, I thought about you all day and hope you had a great day! Love and Miss you.
Cassie
Wow! It kind of makes me sad that we can't see for ourselves all the cute things he already does. We are missing out so much!! Are you really sure you can't come visit again? :) I wish I wrote down all those things for Bailey. I hope I can still remember. We love you guys!
Post a Comment