Saturday, April 4

home again home again

I think the biggest reminder that I was no longer on vacation was when I went to use the restroom and had to use the big pile of toilet paper on the counter that L had rolled off the roll and I had forgotten to clean up before we left. Back to the daily grind, huh?

Well, after a week in Colorado visiting with Ry's family for Spring Break, we are getting settled back into our normal lives. Brand new cousin, hospital visits, sick family members, a one-night get away just the two of us (Thank you Mom!!), trip to the zoo, celebrating two birthdays, lots of extended family visiting, seeing old friends, and a couple of snow days made for an eventful week!! But we LOVED seeing family, laughing and talking, taking pictures, teaching L how to walk, grandparents and family willing to watch L for us while we went on our own mini-vacation, playing with all the little kids, and eating good food. It was SO fun to have Ryan all to ourselves all day every day - L and I enjoyed it way too much! He is such a great dad and husband and I am grateful for all that he does for us! 

Here's some of my favorite pictures from the week

Ryan in Rocky Mountain National Forest
Me in Rocky Mountain National Forest with a frozen lake behind me
Ry and I in Estes Park, Colorado
L playing with Daddy at the Mall Playplace
Feeding the Giraffes at the Zoo
L trying it out
Dad and L looking at animals

6 comments:

Lu said...

Looks like you guys had a great vacation!

Unknown said...

Heath, that top picture is GORGEOUS! I LOVE how beautifully you captured the colors! You're really a great photographer.

Angela said...

I agree, you take great pictures. The last one is also a beautiful picture! I'm so glad you had such a great time!

Cynthia said...

It was a wonderful week. Thanks for being here! Colorado is beautiful!!! xo C

Bonnie said...

I agree, your pictures are wonderful -- I love the one of Logan smiling, showing off those two tiny bottom teeth! And feeding the giraffe -- that guy's head is huge! Usually you're looking way up at them from way below, so this is a different perspective, isn't it? Thanks for posting -- sorry it was so c-c-c-cold at Estes Park!

Tiffany said...

What? You were under 500 miles away and you didn't even come and visit us? We even saved you a half empty bottle of diet coke! Friends?! HA!