Thursday, February 5

WARNING

Possible injury may result:


One of L's new hobbies: opening and closing the drawers to Mom and Dad's dresser. Up until the past week at least, then he added the pulling out clothes treasure.

Possible (i.e. actual) events could (already have) transpired because of this new hobby:

1. Getting fingers stuck as child slams the drawers closed. Cut finger.
2. Hitting head with top drawer. Bruise.
3. Pulling hard enough that knob falls off. Un-replaced knob still atop said dresser three weeks later.
4. Pulling bottom drawer out too far, trapping body underneath. Crying. A lot.
5. Pulling all contents out of drawers. Happy cleaning.
6. Pulling all drawers out to the max, and continuing to pull. Result: entire dresser falls forward, onto child. SCREAM!!!!

No worries. Miraculously L was not hurt - majorly. All potentially dangerous objects sitting on top of the dresser missed him. He fell with his head against the bed (high enough to miss the metal bed frame thank goodness), and the top two drawers pinning him down. The metal drawer guide gave him a very minor cut on his forehead. A tiny scratch. That was it. I know for a fact someone was protecting him - because it could have been MUCH worse!

Looks like our morning routine will change just a little. I promise, I do watch my child.

4 comments:

the Danosaur said...

I also pulled an entire dresser on top of myself as a small child, and I turned out okay! ...I think...

The fun only gets crazier, huh!?

Cynthia said...

Aren't little boys wonderful?!!!!

Katie said...

This reminds me of Dan when he was little... oh, the stories my mom told... and now he has THREE just like him!

bbfamwagon said...

It's a miracle our children make it to adulthood! Glad it's nothing serious -- just one of those learning experiences!