Monday, February 23

med prom

Last Friday the medical school hosted a "Prom" night - and around 3 in the afternoon Ry and I decided to go! Kind of spur of the moment, but I liked it that way. It's very seldom that we have done anything that spontaneous since having L, and I had a great time! And it's been a while since we got dressed up for anything besides church - so this was good timing for everything! :)

We had a lot of fun eating yummy appetizers, playing fake poker, and dancing to old school songs from high school days. Are we really that old?! It was a blast!!
I was incredibly spoiled in high school by having one of my best friends be amazing at hair styling. She honestly was fabulous, and she volunteered to do my hair for every special occasion! I even had her do my hair for my wedding reception in Washington {Erin I love you!!!}! I'm not sure when the last time was that I got my hair done up for anything special, and I was totally clueless!! You're looking at the most hair-challenged individual ever - I once had a contest with a friend in high school to see who could do two full weeks of a different hairstyle each day. I inevitably lost because the messy ponytail is just too easy.
But since I had watched her do it so many times, I attempted the impossible. It really is not amazing at all, but I am proud of my first time doing anything like this to my hair! I took the picture after we got home from the dance ... so it's a little sloppy ... but I was still proud. Erin - this one goes out to you! Love ya!! :)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Great job on your hair, looks gorgeous! I can do hair for others pretty well (I did my lil sis's up-dos for her proms and her wedding), but it is definitely harder to do your own! Kudos!

Also, love the print on your dress. Very cool.

Angela said...

I think your hair looks great! You two look really good.
That's cool they have proms in med school. I miss the ROTC dinning outs. It's fun to dress up once in a while.

Rebecca & Jeff said...

How fun! I'm so glad you guys could go! What a beautiful couple!! Love you!

Scottie and Angie said...

I love that you decided to go at the last minute...Scottie and I almost did but then didn't. Maybe next year!
You looked gorgeous and did an excellent job on your hair..I am way impressed if that was your first time.
And I just have to agree yay for warmer weather!!!
angie

Lauren said...

love the red coat! How fun!