Wednesday, January 21

tired boy

A few days ago I laid L down for his morning nap. We're pretty much back on schedule after our vacations, so I was surprised when L just cried rather than sleeping. Finally I heard him settle down, and it happened so suddenly that I went upstairs to peek through the crack in the door. He had been sitting up, and had simply folded in half to rest his head on his bumper and he fell asleep. The picture doesn't do the awkward position justice - but I didn't want to get any closer to risk waking him up!
I assumed it was because of the uncomfortable nature of his sleep that he only slept for 20 minutes. Not enough time for a nap!! And to prove this ... I snapped a few pictures of him later that day. I guess he was just a little too tired to hold his head up during lunch and playtime. Oh he just melts my heart. How is it that I can love him so much?! Ahh ... he's perfect. :)
He wasn't necessarily tired in this one ... I just liked his cheeks. :)

8 comments:

Katie said...

Very cute! Someday, I hope to meet L in person... and I hope he's young enough that I can get away with squishing those cheeks!

Unknown said...

I love how he keeps flopping over, especially that full body flop in the playtime pic! Did he get a good night's sleep to make up for it?

Is the paper crafts group meeting in Jan? or Feb? Just wondering...

Bonnie said...

What a sweetheart! And I love your new photo on top -- was that taken at Beaver? You both look so great!

Megan and Jeremy said...

I love how much you love being a Mom Heather! You can just tell by the way you talk about L how much you love being his Mommy :)

I am a little slow, but I just noticed that he has red hair-love it! I love my little red-head..

Cynthia said...

Too cute for words!! xo

Tara said...

What a doll -- he really is just about as cute as they come. And you are such a natural MOM! He's lucky to have you. :)
Love you!!!

The Lindes said...

I know I've said this before, but I can't help myself: Logan is the CUTEST little boy I've ever seen. He's so adorable!

Gabe & Cora said...

I just can't describe how perfect Logan is!!!! He is adorable!
You are such a great mom! I can't wait to have the same feeling!!!