Thursday, February 19

crack up

Within the last month and a half, L has finally grown into a sleeping routine. Naps are actually a little predictable, and night time is almost a piece of cake. It has been amazing for both of us, and I feel like L is so much more happy and content when he gets his sleep! It makes me realize what I was missing out on before, and gives me motivation to try better with the next one! (no announcements ... trust me)

With that success in mind, today was the first time that L decided to not take his morning nap in a good three weeks maybe. If he ever doesn't want to nap, it's always during his afternoon one. So I was a little surprised this morning when he just refused to sleep. I tried to give him enough time to do it on his own, but eventually had to go get him. I ended up changing our plans and didn't leave the house because I didn't want him to get a weak-sauce nap in the car.

So we hung out, and L was doing great. We were actually having a lot of fun! When I started feeding him lunch, he started showing signs of being tired. I was laughing so hard to myself because he has never done this before!! Thankfully, I was able to go grab the camera and get a video. The camera was on my lap so as not to attract attention, so it's a weird angle. And maybe this isn't funny to anyone else, but I honestly was laughing so hard and still do whenever I watch this! I just keep thinking, "is this my kid?!"

L is currently asleep, and is going on a good strong hour and a half. Oh the joys of sleeping. :)

16 comments:

Cynthia said...

This is soooo cute. Love the pictures too. Naps are GREAT for kids and essential for moms! Keep up the good work! xo

the Danosaur said...

This is really funny...I laughed outloud too. What is about watching people doze off that is so hilarious? And it's even funnier when you see a baby doing it!

Jackie said...

Ha!!

Don't worry, this is definitely funny to other people. :)

Hey, It's me...Jessica said...

Hilarious! What a sweetie! I laughed out loud!

Tiffany said...

Just like Ryan after Nebo!

Dave said...

Did you say weak-sauce? :)

Andrew and Lauren said...

reminds me of lauren in that class we took together.

jen and michael said...

that was classic! I loved it and yes, I totally laughed out loud!!

Unknown said...

hahaha that was awesome. I laughed too. I feel like that in class sometimes.. lol

Angela said...

This is too funny. You would totally win the ten thousand dollars at American Funniest Home Videos! =)

Tara said...

I love the "weak-sauce nap!" Well, actually, I hate it, but I love that that's what you call it. You had me laughing out loud - as quietly as I could, because my baby's taking her own weak-sauce nap on my lap. :) Can't wait to see L do this in church as a teenager. Do you think it will still be so funny??

joshandemily said...

We laughed out loud at this video. He is so cute. Did you ever imagine how much you would rely on those naps? What would we do without them???

Anonymous said...

I have tears in my eyes! That was so dang cute! Love and miss you tons!

Lu said...

I know just how he feels.:)

Bonnie said...

Tara's comment about nodding off in church reminds me of David waking up with hymnbook imprinting on his forehead! Thanks for posting this -- too funny!

Lauren said...

I think you should know that whenever Andrew's having a bad day, he watches this video and laughs his head off.