Friday, January 7

temple square

My parents had four tickets to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir mini-concert with David Archuleta on a Sunday morning, so we made a little trip out of it and stayed overnight in SLC Saturday. We visited Temple Square Saturday night with a few thousand best friends, and had a wonderful time. 

There is something about this place that makes my entire heart want to burst with happiness. I felt absolutely giddy walking through the conference center courtyard, holding hands with L, looking at the temple. The entire time walking around I felt like I couldn't soak it in fast enough, and that maybe if I held my breath time would slow down {note to self: doesn't work}. The peacefulness of the temple combined with the excitement of Christmas had me completely mesmerized.  
 It had L mesmerized too. We could sing any primary song in the book, except I Love to See the Temple until we actually saw the temple! It was so cute. And once we saw it, we sang it loud and clear. He kept talking about it over and over again and that led into talking about the Logan, UT temple which we would see on a some-what daily basis while visiting UT. It was wonderful to see him recognize and appreciate the temple for being such a special place. 
 {photo credits go to my talented little sister K who was kind enough to snap pictures for me while I dealt with my kiddos. Thank you K!}
Oh I had wonderful dreams of getting this perfect-sacred-feeling-eternal-glimpse-kind-of-a-shot with my kids and I in front of the temple. Why do I even let myself daydream about things like that?! The above picture perfectly illustrates how L was the entire night {and every other day of his life for that matter}. Going way too fast for the camera and not slowing down for my heart's desire. Could I ever imagine how much I would love that little boy? Maybe next time we go to temple square - with Daddy this time - we'll get that picture I'm dreaming of. :)


After we had exhausted ourselves we made it to the hotel. I love how hotel rooms seem to bring out this hyper side of kids - both L and Lady-L were happy as could be at 11:30pm. It didn't hurt that Grandpa B gave them lots of special attention either.
The next day was short, and quite enjoyable. The adults all went to the Music & the Spoken Word followed by the mini-concert while I stayed and watched the kids in the hotel room and got a chance to catch up with one of my dear friends and her fiance {mad that I didn't snap a picture}. Then we drove home and all tried to recover from the lack of sleep. What a fun last-minute trip! Thanks Mom & Dad!

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

Talk about withdrawals! I just had to re-read this post just so I could soak it all in! Loved it!

P.S. Visiting temple square at Christmas is one of the biggest things I miss about living in Provo

Cynthia said...

It all sounds fun and wonderful. I can picture L singing and loving seeing it all. Thanks for the update!! xo C

Tara said...

Beautiful pictures - I love how you describe your excitement - so so sweet. Wish I could have been there with you!