Friday, January 14

snow days

Remember L's fear and hatred toward the snow last year? Oh boy am I glad those days are over! 
A friend invited us over to play in the snow a few days ago, and I am proud to say that L enjoyed it. Horray! 
It still takes him a while to warm up to it, and he even started crying the first time I sat down in the snow (because I got "dirty" he said). But with enough coaxing and peer pressure he soon learned how to throw snow up in the air and loved it. So did I.
 Cute J who was not afraid of the snow at all! 
 Hard-working S was trying to mow the backyard. The snow definitely slowed his progress.
Our good buddies who played with us.
 This is soon after the discovery of throwing it in the air. His entire face would light up and he would be all smiles and do it again. At one point I was videotaping him, and he kept walking towards me with a handful of snow ready to launch. He eventually had me cornered in the yard and I had to turn off the camera and run - this kid is dangerous! 
Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes
{or at least on my hat and mittens - I know. Doesn't rhyme, but it's still cute.}
The girls stayed inside and had a grand ol' time being warm and cozy. 
Oh man does this make me excited to have a yard someday.

3 comments:

bbfamwagon said...

So glad L's turning into a snow lover -- doing his uncles proud, not to mention his daddy!

Amber Smith said...

This blog post makes me so happy! Happy that we are friends and happy that our kids are friends and happy that everyone had so much fun! Love it!

Tara said...

OH your pictures are breathtaking! I love the light, I love the focus. I know this is really about making and recording memories, but it's even better somehow when it's so beautiful. :) I love seeing L all bundled up in J-boys old coat - makes me sad and happy at the same time. :) He is such a precious boy!