I asked myself a lot of questions this morning ... it went something like this:
"I haven't seen L in a while. Where is he?"
{hearing L throw a few things down the stairs ... this is common, and therefore didn't deserve a second thought ... hearing L come down the stairs}
"Why is it so quiet in the living room?"
{a few minutes later}
"I'm glad he's playing by himself for a little bit, but what is L laughing about so much?"
{a few more minutes}
"I wish he could just talk more instead of yelling 'Mmaaa' over and over again. Does he really need me right now?"
{continued giggling and yelling for Mmaaa, so I eventually go see what he is up to}
"I haven't seen L in a while. Where is he?"
{hearing L throw a few things down the stairs ... this is common, and therefore didn't deserve a second thought ... hearing L come down the stairs}
"Why is it so quiet in the living room?"
{a few minutes later}
"I'm glad he's playing by himself for a little bit, but what is L laughing about so much?"
{a few more minutes}
"I wish he could just talk more instead of yelling 'Mmaaa' over and over again. Does he really need me right now?"
{continued giggling and yelling for Mmaaa, so I eventually go see what he is up to}
What a cutie!! I almost had an urge to play in it with him, and then just smiled and went to work cleaning it up. I was breathing in baby powder for quite some time - but it was worth it. Cleans up easy, and it created a very cute, happy little boy.
Maybe this is a step in the right direction: playing with white, powdery stuff. Baby power today, snow tomorrow! We will see!!
Maybe this is a step in the right direction: playing with white, powdery stuff. Baby power today, snow tomorrow! We will see!!
19 comments:
lol, too cute! Glad you got pictures of this!
My oh my... I'm glad it made you laugh and not scream! :)
Sometimes the mess is totally worth it! What a funny guy!
You are WAY too nice! I would've been SOOOOO mad!! VERY cute pics though!!
You got "Mom of the year" award Heather! I need to go to Ohio more often and hang out with you and maybe I'll be more like you!! You are so sweet! Bailey did this in my parents' house and I was so mad!! And we also freaked out last week when we found Bailey playing with chapstick all over the carpet!
I love the happy face! =)
these are the moments, that you are so glad you didn't get mad, and just took pictures, I LOVE it, kids do the funniest things.
what an incredible mother you are!!! That is my greatest hope - to be able to smile and enjoy each moment even if I know l'm going to have to clean it all up when it's over! I bet your house smells so fresh :) It looks like so much fun. It makes me want to go and get the shaving cream out and write all over the shower wall.
That is so cute! Especially exciting that he wanted to share it with you.
WOW Super mom!! And what a darling little guy, entertaining himself so well. Great pictures!! Thanks!! xo C
You are so patient! That is so funny and cute. I'm glad you got these pictures, they are hilarious!
You sound much more patient than me when I found Addi doing this-but then she also mixed diaper rash ointment and other stuff with it.
Oh, those kind of messes are all too familiar at my house. My kids always go silent when they're up to no good too. And they close the door.
Hope you're feeling well. Congrats on future baby #2.
So cute! I believe little boys are the happiest when they are making messes. Be grateful it wasn't diaper cream or chocolate syrup or something.
HAHA!!! I love this!! Jeff and I were watching america's funniest home videos last night and there was a similar thing that happened, but it was 2 kids and they had gotten into the food coloring and colored their entire bodies and put hand prints all over the kitchen and dinning room. I must say, i'm not looking forward to these days to come! HAHA! But look how happy it made him, you just cant get mad! Thanks for sharing!
that's hilarious! And it sounds like you handled it all with just the perfect amount of humor! Way to be a great mom!
Wow. I am impressed. And so glad you got pictures. When I do become a mom, I'll be looking to you as my role model on perspective!
These are adorable photos.
You do know your blog is kind of a hit with several of my teacher friends, right? (Pablo, Baumgartner.)
What a happy boy -- and how much he looks like his dad when he's getting into mischief and grinning!
I am so impressed you were able to take pictures and laugh about this! One day you will look back and love how you handled the situation and you even have cute pictures to remember! I hope to be like you one day when I am a parent and laugh about stuff like this!
Post a Comment