Sunday, February 14

lots of lovin'

It's so fun to have family near, because you have a silly excuse to go all out for a holiday that you might not have otherwise. Tara and I thought of a Red/Pink dinner menu, complete with lots of food coloring and it was so fun! I still laugh at how weird pink rice looks with red chicken! She had a table all decorated pretty-like, and part of my half of the night was doing the cupcakes. I tried a few new techniques in decorating and I had so much fun! Thanks guys - it was a great time! 

Enjoy the love!
I am SO grateful for Ry and L. They make love a real, tangible thing for me every day and I learn a lot from them about who it is that I'm trying to be. I have the best valentines in the world. 

18 comments:

Tara said...

Oh yum - there are still 3 sitting in my kitchen (HOW COULD YOU LEAVE THEM HERE?!). I'm doing good so far, but I don't know how long I can last! Thanks for a fun V-Day! LOVE YOU! :)

Lauren said...

Those look delicious. You guys are so much fun.

Rebecca & Jeff said...

I'm so impressed! They look wonderful! So glad you had a fun day!

linzi said...

those are so cute! and i'm sure they were delicious, too! was it weird to eat pink rice??? :)

Unknown said...

was your inspiration from the internet? I think I saw some "candy truffle cupcakes" that were very similar... GREAT JOB!!! They look WONDERFUL!!!

Jen said...

Those cupcakes are adorable! I thought you got them from the Sweet Tooth Fairy or something.

Katie said...

Wow! Clearly, I do not spend NEARLY enough time with my food. We've been eating a lot of cereal for dinner lately.

You remind me of the joys of food prep.

Dave said...

I got to spend V-day in Iraq...not so romantic. We are still so jealous that you and Tara live so close - who else wants to move to the dirty Jerz?

bbfamwagon said...

I think I'm gaining weight just looking at the pictures! They are beautiful -- so glad you had a fun Valentines Day together!

Angela said...

I'm sad we couldn't visit this weekend. We thought about it before Dave had his trip scheduled. It would have been so fun to spend V-Day with all of you!
Those cupcakes are so cute! It'd make sad to eat them but at the same time they look too good to resist!

Scottie and Angie said...

They cupcakes look amazing! Glad you had a happy valentines!

Bart and Krista said...

Did you make all those? They are darling! I need lessons in cupcake designs!

Jamie Lynn said...

Cute! I think going all out for holidays just makes them that much more fun.

Dave and Abby said...

OH my gosh! The are the most delicious cupcakes I have ever seen! I'm so totally going to copy you!
Hope you guess are doing well!
Abby Thuet

bbfamwagon said...

As lovely as these cupcakes are....I want more pictures of the people who ate them! :-)

Angi.Mima said...

cute cupcakes

Mindora.Mae said...

Oh you guys are so stinkin cute! I'm so happy for you wonderful people that you live close. It's down right rotten that the rest of us are all spread out. I'm going to say it.... I would actually live in Ohio to be closer. :)

The Richardsons said...

Wow those cupcakes are to die for! You are so talented!