Monday, October 13

nonnie's visit

Ryan's mom, Cynthia, came out this past week to visit us! It was so much fun playing with her every day and watching L fall in love with her! Here's some of our favorite things we did:

  • Cynthia putting L to bed and babysitting while Ry and I went to a Columbus Crew Soccer game
  • Cynthia playing with L while we had choir practice before conference on Sunday
  • Getting to take showers whenever I wanted while Cynthia played with L
  • Catching up and talking for hours
  • Going to the RPAC to play volleyball and go swimming
  • Watching Ryan play soccer at the ARC
  • Picking out a color and painting our dining room wall red! (three coats plus primer!)
  • Buying placemats and dishcloths to match the red wall!
  • Feeding L again ... and again ... and again
  • Spreading beauty bark in front of our house to make it look so much better!
  • Making apple crisp and savoring the yummy freshly picked apples
  • Meeting Ry for lunch and going to the Columbus Fish Market ... oohh, so good.
  • Celebrating L's six-month birthday by taking lots and lots of pictures
  • Making L laugh and giggle for Nonnie
  • L being such a good sleeper while Nonnie was here - she put him down for naps and bedtime a lot, and she must have that special grandmother touch
  • Going to the park and pushing L in a swing for the first time! 
And here's some fun pictures!! Thank you SO much for coming Cynthia! We had a wonderful time! 



5 comments:

Cynthia said...

He looks like such a little boy! Fun pictures and wonderful memories...thanks for a great week! xo C

Unknown said...

I LOVE the close up of L sitting up (looks like there's a hand to catch him if he falls) on the couch! he looks ADORABLE!!!

and I can't wait to see this new kitchen!

Anonymous said...

I love the two black and whites! L has such a cute little nose!!! ;)

Katie said...

I agree with Mindy! Little L also fabulous taste in corduroy overalls!

Angela said...

The last picture is priceless! How sweet is that!