So there's still a lot of vacation to catch up on! While we were in New Jersey, we drove up to Ryan's mission area! It was SO much fun! We spent a whole day walking the streets that he used to walk (and drive on, because we covered a lot of territory!) and had a chance to talk with some old friends of his. We went to West New York, Union City, Newark (the Ironbound), Harrison, and Kearny. Since everything was in Spanish, I didn't understand much. But it was still awesome! I don't think Ryan ever imagined that he would visit those areas again in just four short years with a wife and a baby boy!! Wow does time fly!
It was really special for me to see where Ryan lived during those two years that helped shape him into the man he is today. I know enough of his companions to have heard what a good missionary he was, and the example that he set. He worked as hard as he could, and dedicated his life to sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ. I am grateful to be married to a man who has inspired so many people to be better and change their lives. He continues to inspire me today. I am grateful for the experiences that he gained while serving a mission, and look forward to the time when we can serve together.
Ry served in West New York for eight months of his mission, and we spent a lot of time there. His area was 5 X 10 city blocks, so it was easy to walk through! :) We grabbed some Mexican tortas for lunch (so delicious!) and then some Brazilian sandwiches for dinner. That was honestly the best sandwich I have ever had! Oh yummy!
Here we are visiting with Bernardo (Chamo) - a member in the ward who loved to help the missionaries. He's moving back to Columbia, so it was neat for Ry to be able to say goodbye to him (after a surprise hello!).
It was really special for me to see where Ryan lived during those two years that helped shape him into the man he is today. I know enough of his companions to have heard what a good missionary he was, and the example that he set. He worked as hard as he could, and dedicated his life to sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ. I am grateful to be married to a man who has inspired so many people to be better and change their lives. He continues to inspire me today. I am grateful for the experiences that he gained while serving a mission, and look forward to the time when we can serve together.
Ry served in West New York for eight months of his mission, and we spent a lot of time there. His area was 5 X 10 city blocks, so it was easy to walk through! :) We grabbed some Mexican tortas for lunch (so delicious!) and then some Brazilian sandwiches for dinner. That was honestly the best sandwich I have ever had! Oh yummy!
Here we are visiting with Bernardo (Chamo) - a member in the ward who loved to help the missionaries. He's moving back to Columbia, so it was neat for Ry to be able to say goodbye to him (after a surprise hello!).
1 comment:
It's wonderful to see all three of you in these pictures and I'm so glad you had the opportunity to visit and re-connect with these folks from your mission. I was struck by the comment about it being just four short years since your mission. Yes, time does fly -- but what a lot you have accomplished -- and crammed into --those four short years! Love to you all!
Post a Comment