Friday, June 6

time to celebrate!

Little L is two months already! TWO MONTHS! It's amazing to think about how much your life can change in such a short time! But the changes have been good, even when they are more challenging than anything else I have ever experienced. There are times when all I can do is hold my crying baby and pray with all of my heart to try to figure out how to soothe him. There have been times when his tears are mingled with mine. But no matter what is happening - whether it be happy or sad - my heart is so full of love for this little boy that it makes it all worth it! I hope I can remember how precious and sacred these past two months have been, especially when I realize how quickly time passes and how fast he grows!

New statistics: This chunk of a baby weighs 15 pounds 3 ounces, and is 24 3/4 inches long. His weight is off the charts, and he is in the 96th percentile for his length. Holy cow!!

My recent favorites about little L:

His hands always seem to grab onto our shirts when we're holding him - like he's hanging on real tight.

He has become even more curious lately - looking around like crazy! He loves looking at lights, and will stare for hours if he could. Other times he's turning his head back and forth over and over again to try to see all that he can as if his life depended on it. It is such a miracle to watch him take everything in for the first time!

At five weeks he smiled for the first time. Since then he smiles all the time - especially in the morning right after waking up and eating! He's really good at it when he watches us do it first. I love it when I go to pick him up, and he smiles because he recognizes me!

I've been carrying him a lot in the BabyBjorn lately, and he loves to be close to Mommy. He's a sucker for snuggling close, and I am too!

He found his hands a couple weeks ago, and loves to suck on them! Although he has gotten it a few times, he is still learning how to separate his thumb from his fist to make it easier to suck on!

He has started the reflex where if his hand finds something to hold onto, it immediately is introduced to his mouth. It's so funny to watch him slobber on everything!

Little L definitely liked to talk, and loves to make coo-ing sounds. We have full on conversations every day, that is, in between all of his random shrieks and grunts. :)

He's strengthening his leg muscles and will push off of our laps to stand up on his own. He work on that for a long time, but it's so cute to watch his little legs buckle under the pressure of his heavy belly. :)

My older sister taught me a trick when our baby sister was born - train them to wrap their little arm around your neck while holding them and you'll get a hug every time. R and I have recently teaching little L how to give hugs and it's so sweet!

He's still such a loud sleeper. His recent favorite is to cry as if he's awake so I run into the other room thinking that he's hungry, and his eyes are closed and he is still fast asleep. Honestly, couldn't he just make up his mind? :)

I LOVE the rubber-band look on his legs, and his arms are close behind in the race to beef up!

He still has quite a bit of strawberry-blond hair from when he was born, but has also lost a fair share. It's opposite of the normal male-pattern baldness, and it's so goofy.

L loves to roll over while doing tummy time. He definitely favors the left side (strong side!) and never gets tired of it. We're still working on the right side.

I love him so much!

4 comments:

Angela said...

Heather, what a sweet mom you are! I absolutely loved reading your description of little L. Isn't it incredible how much you get to love your baby! I love the hug trick, I wonder if I can still teach Bailey how to give hugs that way.
We love you very much and can't wait to see you all next month!

Tara said...

Happy birthday, L!! :) I love your posts to keep track of his progress, Heather - such a good idea! I heard about a good way to print your blog - blurb.com 'slurps' your blog so you can edit it and print it in book format -- what a great and easy way to make a baby book!!! Of course, you're probably not as behind in the scrapbooking department as I am....
Anyway, I love the posts - keep 'em coming!
Love you!!

Sarah said...

He is bigger than SC at 4 mo (she was only 12 lbs 13 oz), but she may have caught him now at 5 mo. HOW FUNNY!! He is a totally cute boy! We talked about y'all (and how we missed you) at the reunion...it was SUPER FUN!

Bonnie said...

What a beautiful and perfect boy, and how he's growing! Can't wait to see him in person in a few weeks!