After the race ended my family and I drove to our hotel in Maryland. D & A were able to hang out for another day, and we wanted to take advantage of being together! My rockstar brother, who just ran 20.6 miles with the largest increase of elevation gain on the team, still wrestled with the kids on the hotel bed. Seriously?! There's nobody like him. He's awesome like that.
AND we celebrated the completion of the race by visiting Cafe Rio. How lucky are we to eat this yummy food on the east coast! Loved it. Oh, and I still wasn't able to finish my burrito.
Sunday we chose to hit up the National Zoo, since it would appeal to the kids. For roughly the first five or so years of my life my family lived south of DC in Virginia. My dad worked at the Pentagon, so we frequented the area, and it's always really fun for my parents to come back to visit and realize how much has changed in 20+ years.
It really is such a beautiful zoo, and the kids loved it.
This little miss was all over the place. Crazy hyper and full of energy. But still continued to win me over even after throwing tantrums on the nasty, dirty floor. Yuck.
We found ourselves at a fun little amphitheater space and the kids loved climbing and posing for pictures. It was cracking me up how much they wanted their pictures taken.
Sweet little M didn't seem to agree. He was on the move, and did not want to be interrupted. :)
B and L-man were in charge of the maps, and were quite the tour guides.
Lady-LE would strike this pose every.single.time I put the camera on her. My mom and I were dying laughing from it, and even the memory of it makes me laugh.
I think Grandma B was completely wrapped around her finger, and Lady-LE took full advantage of that.
Pure happiness.
It was wonderful having a few more hours to play with D&A. We never thought this would happen when I originally talked to D months earlier about joining our Ragnar team. It was a complete fluke that it all came together as it did, and what a major blessing that was.
My parents and I ended the day by visiting the temple that night. It was a perfect way to end our trip, even if it was really cold!
And yes, we did eat an entire bag of peanut butter m&ms on the drive home the next day. I had totally earned it. Apparently so did Lady-LE.
3 comments:
What an awesome post/ pics Heather! I love the one with M's face in his hands haha and Ma holding little L. Sure love family!
The group picture makes a little Elastic Man out of your firstborn -- see how his right arm reaches all the way around Grandpa's shoulder? :-) Love this post!
Good times! I'm stealing a few pictures from this post. Hope you don't mind.
Sure miss you all!
Post a Comment