Tuesday, January 29

gingerbread houses

R grew up in a family that does a majorly big gingerbread house. Like, years of tradition here. 
I've done it with them the years that we're all in Colorado together, and it's a lot of fun. But it's a little intimidating for me to try and do it on my own just yet. 

This year, however, I invited all of Lady-LE's preschool friends and mommies to come over for a gingerbread house party. And I am in love with the idea of making this a tradition. A few lessons learned this time around, and next year's party is going to be even better.




L-man was basically on his own as I tried to help Lady-LE, which I think he actually preferred. He was very studious about the whole matter. He took it all very seriously and insisted on so many things it made me laugh. 

 Lady-LE on the other hand couldn't have cared less for the actual house and just wanted to eat the candy. Let's just say that my kids' houses were the least decorated out of the whole group! :)


 First Annual Gingerbread House Party!
Can't wait for more!

No comments: