Our church put on a Trunk or Treat a few days before Halloween, and the kids loved the whole deal.
I found both costumes at a kid's consignment shop nearby, and simply could not resist. How darling to have L-man be Lady-LE's prince?! Oh I loved the idea the moment I saw it. I'm super cheesy like that.
L-man exact words were, "Lady-LE, I have to dance with you to show how much I love you."
He even won an award! Most Noble. L-man kept that apple for days until it simply got too gross for me to look at and I tossed it without him knowing.
One other memory though from this night makes my heart so happy. During the actual trunk-or-treat portion Logan was the biggest protector and helper to his sister. Lady-LE's voice is still soft, and she talks so quietly that in the hustle of a group of kids all asking for candy (what's wrong with this tradition anyway?!) she was always never heard. L-man would fight his way to the front and say, in a very good voice, "My princess sister would like some candy too please!" And he would be sure to always take care of her. What a sweet boy!
Oh, and he said "Trick or trunk!" all night long. I love his little {big} voice.
The actual Halloween the kids were ready to go! We met up with a few neighbors and walked the streets with them. Wonderful, wonderful friends!
And we even got double blessed to have Ry join us! These kind of things are so much more fun with Dad around!
Oh man these two are cute.
A three-month late posts-script: we've been listening to Disney music a lot lately. I have a fondness in my heart for Beauty and the Beast, and I have passed that onto Lady-LE. We listen to the Belle song, which is the one she sings while walking through the village and bookshop. When she sits down and sings about the book she's reading, "Here's where she meets Prince Charming, but she won't discover that it's him 'til chapter three!" Lady-LE always, without fail, will yell, "Prince Charming! That's L-man!" It makes me smile, and glad that she's counting on him to be her prince.
2 comments:
Love, love, love those kids -- and their parents! Thanks so much for sharing this!
Heather, this is all so so sweet and perfect - I wish I could have seen every minute of it in person! Esp. L asking people to give his princess sister candy, too!!! You have some WONDERFUL children!!!!
Post a Comment