Wednesday, August 11

one month!

LE is one month old! Hooray! 
LE stats:
9 lbs. 4 oz. (50%)
21 in. (45%)

She's growing, but not near as fast as L did at this age, so it's still surprising to fit her into newborn size diapers and to not have any clothes that she's outgrown yet! But I love her tiny-ness and want to hold onto it as long as possible. 

A few favorites:
~She loves to watch us and follow us with her eyes
~As of today {8.11.10} she smiled for the first time!!
~L loves to give her lots of hugs and kisses
~She's a decent sleeper but still struggles with the initial going-to-sleep time
~I can't wait to hear her voice when she babbles - we've caught glimpses of it and it is to die for cute! 
~Loves the swing and yet does fairly well at laying down on her own so I can do other things
~Still gets fussy and screams, but isn't near as colicky as L was at this age
~She's holding onto her hair!! I think it still might disappear a little bit, but since she had so much to begin with there's still a lot there
~While on the subject of hair, the color is turning this beautiful auburn-red. I absolutely love it.
~Her skin has finally stopped peeling! L's skin didn't peal hardly at all, so this was a new experience for me
~Sadly she has a lot of baby acne which is also new to me as a mom, but I still think she's beautiful. :)
~I'm definitely biased in my affection and adoration for this little girl. She's perfect.


Mommy and LE after a quick bath before church

This is typically how she spends the afternoon/early evening. She hates to have her neck straight and will only sleep when it's all crooked and bent like that. Weirdo. 

11 comments:

Lauren said...

She is so cute! I don't notice any baby acne at all. Plus, its something that is so easy for Moms to see past. I remember someone telling me when Luke was about 3 months that he was starting to get a lot cuter without all the baby acne and I was shocked. I thought, "How could he be getting cuter, he's the cutest kid in the world!" I love the crooked neck too! Luke was the same way.

Unknown said...

Such a sweetheart!
I can't believe she's already a month old.

Katie said...

What a cutie! Thank you for sharing pics, and details of her personality, with those of us who can't spend time with her face-to-face!

Anonymous said...

Oh hooray!! I'm so glad you updated your blog! She is beautiful - just like her mama. :) *muah*

Tara said...

Oh, yay - I love you. :) She is so darling - her hair is AWESOME! And you are looking great. (When am I going to see you 4 again?! Is there anything interesting half way between us?? a 5 hour drive isn't too bad, right?!)

Jen said...

I LOVE her hair. I'm jealous she's so tiny... tiny ones are my favorite, but I guess my big guy is still pretty cute. And I don't see any baby acne at all. Have you SEEN Corbin's pictures from his first month?

Does she always bend her neck in the same way? Watch out for torticullis. Apparently it's more common than I thought, haha (two friends in less than a year had babies with it). You don't want her getting a flat spot and needing a helmet!

Cynthia said...

Little LE is staying tiny because I specifically told her to before I left last time. ("Stay tiny...stay tiny!) That way I don't miss out so much! Wonderful blog and photos!!! Thanks. xo C

Amber Smith said...

I hope she keeps her hair too,it is so long and beautiful!! Makenzie is just starting to loose some of hers. I took her out of the carseat yesterday and her head rest looked like a cat had been sitting in it :)

bbfamwagon said...

I want to know how Cynthia manages telling LE to stay tiny and having her actually do it! The worst part of saying goodbye to these beautiful grandbabies is knowing that the next time I see them, they're a whole new, different person! I have to admit, though, that it's great fun getting acquainted all over again! Baby LE is so adorable, thanks for sharing her pics and story!

Angela said...

What a doll! I cannot wait to meet her! I was suggesting Dave to drive down to see you guys on Labor Day weekend. Hopefully it works and he doesn't have any trips. Are you available?

I love you guys so much! Hope we get to see you soon!

Rebecca & Jeff said...

Seriously, she is so beautiful! And you are such an amazing mom! I cant wait to meet her someday! And I will definitely give you a call some time to talk discipline tips! AHHH! lol. Love yoU!