Summer is almost over and we are still alive and going strong. Life has been a little slow yet fast, quiet yet loud, and mundane yet fun. A little bit of everything! Here are some pictures of what we've been up to lately.
L continues to be in full swing with the toddler tantrums, but yet is SO incredibly fun to play with. I'll take the bad as long as I get the good! He is a constant riot who loves to be tickled, chased, thrown around, and loved. He is a great big brother and insists very firmly to hold little LE and give her hugs and kisses multiple times a day. Whenever she cries he runs over and hugs her - why? Duh! Because you need hugs when you're sad! It's so tender it melts my heart! He's talking a ton, although still requires an interpreter when we're out in public. But he has a good heart, is sensitive to others, and is full of energy.

Here he is reading a book to his animals. He loves to read and has memorized enough to be able to turn each page and say exactly what is on each one in multiple different books (Pajama Time and Barnyard Dance are his current favorites - currently his deal is to read one out loud while Mom/Dad reads the other one out loud, then we switch).
L continues to be in full swing with the toddler tantrums, but yet is SO incredibly fun to play with. I'll take the bad as long as I get the good! He is a constant riot who loves to be tickled, chased, thrown around, and loved. He is a great big brother and insists very firmly to hold little LE and give her hugs and kisses multiple times a day. Whenever she cries he runs over and hugs her - why? Duh! Because you need hugs when you're sad! It's so tender it melts my heart! He's talking a ton, although still requires an interpreter when we're out in public. But he has a good heart, is sensitive to others, and is full of energy.
Here he is reading a book to his animals. He loves to read and has memorized enough to be able to turn each page and say exactly what is on each one in multiple different books (Pajama Time and Barnyard Dance are his current favorites - currently his deal is to read one out loud while Mom/Dad reads the other one out loud, then we switch).
We've watched Daddy play some sports lately in the park, and we always make time to play ourselves. This kid has some serious skills when it comes to soccer, football, volleyball, and frisbee. Honestly. Skillz.
Making some of our favorite cookies and eating them up way too fast. L is getting really good at stirring and helping mom. I'm always too paranoid to leave him and go grab the camera for the 'action' shots - maybe next time!
We "share the road" here. Don't you worry - there's plenty of room for all of us.

This is what we did last Friday when Ryan was 'post-call' but yet was sent home at 7pm the night before because nothing was going on. Full night's sleep AND the next day off. WOW! We love Anesthesia! :)
I must say that there is nothing better than watching Ry and L have so much fun playing together. It makes life so rewarding and fulfilling to have those wonderful family moments. The top right picture of them walking down to the water together is so sweet to me - they really are best buds together and I couldn't be happier!

5 comments:
Oh I love your posts so much! What a fun and crazy summer you guys have had! I love LE's cute chicken legs! And L is looking so grown up! I mean, taking girls on rides already?!! =)
Love and miss you guys!
Just wish I really knew that cute little kid and his cute personality! You guys look great!
What good times! I love the pictures and commentary - you guys look like you're doing GREAT. L looks so good - and older already than the last time we saw him. I love how he loves LE.
Yay for sleep and days off! And yay for motorboat, one of my favorite pool activities EVER! (Of course, once he's old enough for Marco Polo...)
I love hearing about your family. Thanks for sharing!
What fun pictures and a great summer you are having. No wonder Ryan was reconsidering Anesthesia! xo C
Post a Comment