Thursday, November 6

seven months

It really does feel like time is speeding up on me, and I can't believe that L is already seven months! He continues to get so big and learn so much!
Current stats:
As of November 10, L weighs 21 lbs 10 oz.

He gained two whole pounds in one month! What a superstar! The upcoming picture is a perfect documentation of his chubbiness.
Recent favorites of L:

He has two teeth, and I swear the rest of 'em are coming soon! He is constantly chewing, drooling, gnawing, biting, and sucking on absolutely anything he can.

A couple months ago he stopped talking - kind of out of the blue he just stopped making noises ... but he found his voice again and loves to use it!

I try to practice the piano every once in a while, and whenever I do L tries to get my attention by yelling and making all sorts of really LOUD funny noises. Of course I turn to him and laugh and play with him, which is exactly what he wants ... so he continues to do it. It honestly cracks me up - but is so dang distracting I don't think I have improved at all. :)

Sitting all by himself is definitely his favorite thing to do. No more help from Mom and Dad - he's got it under control!

He thinks I am so funny, and I have begun to think the same. How else could I get him to laugh so hard he falls over? I was holding a piece of ribbon and acting like it was one of those ribbon-dancers (anybody remember those? the jingle is running through my head right now ...) and he thought it was hilarious! I love it!

The middle portion of his body (i.e. the enormous belly!) is weighing him down so he's not crawling yet. I have no objections to this! But it is rather funny watching his legs kick and his arms wave while his belly is still flat on the floor. Think we need to lose some weight buddy?

L is a bottomless pit. There has never been a time when he has said no to food ... and I feel like there has also never been a time when he is not hungry!

Eating more than just baby food. He's tried graham crackers and little bits of bread ... and he's ready for the next step. But what is it? :) haha ...

Sleeping through the night has improved dramatically!! Mom and Dad are SO happy!

Introduced temper-tantrums. Yuck! Definitely not a fan. I didn't think this happened for a while ... but L is getting way too opinionated for his own good!

Has a recent fascination with Mom's hair. He'll end up with fist-fulls of it ... and he tries to eat it. Ouch!

His giggle sometimes turn into this terradactyl-type screetching thing. Not all the time, but whenever he does it I just start laughing so hard that it scares him! So funny!

L is SO good at giving Mommy hugs. I'm not even kidding. He has both arms up around my neck and he kind of pushes down. It's absolutely adorable - and by far my favorite thing.

Loves the mirror! In the bathroom, the reflection in the car window, the mirrors in stores, the mirrors above produce that he can see from the cart, anywhere! If he can see his reflection that he gets so giddy and kicks his legs and waves his arms out of delight. I originally thought it was because he was seeing two of ME that made him so happy ... but sad to say it's not the case anymore. But how can you blame him with a grin like that?!

4 comments:

Annie said...

Oh, dear. I love that little potbelly. Cute cute cute.

bbfamwagon said...

You probably don't remember when you were little that your nickname was Butterball. Your "little" L comes by his roly-poly-ness honestly! You were just as cute as he is -- and he'll turn out to be just as great as you are!

Much love, Mom

Unknown said...

ah, he is just so darling. I love looking at your blog just to see all the cute pictures! hope to meet him in person sometime soon - and see YOU again!! miss ya

Angela said...

That´s more cuteness than I can handle! I love him!!