Okay so we realize we've been a little lame lately with the lack of new posts. There just hasn't really been anything exciting to take note of! Once medical school started it really was just a routine of Ryan going to school, me staying home to search for internships, Ryan coming home from school, studying some more. Not that entertaining if you asked me. But! Say no more of boredom and routine! We just installed (screwed into the wall) a 4X8 sheet of dry erase board material in our 'office' room for Ryan to study with! Wow - the things that get us excited! It's been up for maybe two hours, and Ryan has used it so much already! What you see before you (if you can't tell) is a list of nerves, arteries, and muscles of the arm. Before that was a drawing of shoulder and clavicle joints. Believe me, now life can get exciting!And not to boast of newly acquired materials ... but we have been quite successful bargain shoppers as well. A new desk (as pictured above), couch (with the use of a slip cover to hide the 90's floral print), kitchen table, and entertainment center have all been added to our new home. It's a slow start, but we are definitely excited to have placed to sit and put all of our stuff! :)
In addition to the material goods, I found an internship! I'll be an administrative intern for Ohio State University's department of Recreational Sports. For the next four months I will be considered full-time staff at the university, just without the benefit of a paycheck. That is a little disappointing, considering all the dues that must be paid for med school. We just need to keep telling ourselves that this is an investment! A very large, deep, gaping, huge, never-ending investment that will someday pay off. Once that day arrives, we will let you know. Until then, onward with the volunteer work and loans (yikes...)!!
6 comments:
exciting indeed! congrats on the internship!
Wow. TJ would love a white board like that! So neat! Awesome that you found an internship, bummer that it doesn't pay. Oh well, eventually we'll both be in the black - however, that day DOES seem very far away!
Hey you! It looks like things are great for you both. I am happy for you. We miss you though! I decided to take up blogging again, so if you ever want to check it out...the webpage is http://strobeliteblog.blogspot.com/. Good luck with med school and witht the internship!!
Heather it is so fun to see how you and Ryan are doing! I love you both and wish you the best as you start your internship (how exciting!) and he continues his first semester in Med schoool. Who would have known that we would have been in the same 3rd grade class together 14 years ago and still talk to each other. If only we had a chance to be Sister Missionaries together...sigh. I LOVE YOU and your family very much!
Wow, I can't imagine living in a place with that much wall space :) That is awesome about your internship, and we feel you on the huge gaping hole investment feat. If I think about it too much it triggers my gag reflex :)
What would you guys do without me??? We'd be killing trees left and right if it weren't for that white board ehh? :)
Post a Comment