Tuesday, August 14

camping with the old ward

Because of multiple reasons, Ryan and I had to head back to Utah shortly after arriving here in Columbus. It was a busy time full of trips and visiting family and friends! One of the things we were able to do during this "month of vacations" was surprise our old friends and randomly show up at the ward camp out! Yep - the best ward ever to be found - the BYU 147th Ward!! It was so fun to see old friends one last time before we moved, and we had a blast staying up late playing cards. I never realized how much a ward could bond (or divide for that matter!) over a game of Uno ... scum ... oh heck ... and some others that I completely forgot the name to! I wanted to include a ton of pictures - so there's a lot, and they're tiny. Just click on them to see them up close. Hope you enjoy!! Thanks to the old ward! We love and miss you guys!! (especially those who we didn't get to see at the campout!)

4 comments:

janaya said...

man, i miss our ward! i'm excited to get back there in a couple of weeks... though, it seems like it's going to be a whole lot of new faces. :)

Amber said...

Crazy how I don't even recognize half of the faces...But the BYU 147th ward is still the best!

whitney said...

oh my gosh, i don't read your blog for like 3 days and there's 50 million new posts on it! :) i'm so glad that you guys came for the camp out! it was great to see you again.

Bethany said...

I know what you mean, Janaya!

Heather, we were sad to miss you in Victoria, but the passport/birth certificate situations didn't work out. Plus, we ran out of weekends for all the stuff we wanted to do. I'm glad you had fun.

As for the ward campout. I'm glad you got to enjoy it! We traded our family reunions and 147th parties for Seattle adventures--it's been very different, but great fun. Good luck in Ohio. We'll see where we end up for grad school, I hope our paths cross again.