Even though Ryan could have taken me to the hospital any day to have our own sneak-peak at the baby, I dragged my feet about it until it was time for our official anatomy ultrasound with my OB's office. I had strong impressions that it was a boy, but also had some strong concerns that kept me from wanting to do our own thing. As it turned out, I have an anterior placenta with this pregnancy. That is nothing scary at all; it only means the placenta is in front, which literally kept me from feeling the baby move until maybe 22 weeks or so. I felt really uneasy about not feeling the baby move at all up until our ultrasound appointment, and if something had happened to the baby I wanted there to be other medical professionals there besides just my husband so that we could have more support if needed. Gratefully that was not the case, and instead we just watched the baby move around and kick like crazy without me being able to feel it at all.
And we were able to offer a sincere prayer of gratitude for seeing beautiful images and video of our baby boy!!
So we are welcoming another boy "all-star" to the family {hopefully} around the 22nd of October!!
{ultrasound date: May 29}
3 comments:
hooray! I'm so glad you had the exquisite experience you weren't daring to hope for and were spared the trauma of the bad news you feared. Another boy is perfect! Not the same season, though, so does that mean you'll have to get new baby boy clothes anyway?
Soooo Happy that all is well!
Cutest announcement!
Post a Comment