Monday, May 7

nonnie and papa g

We started off the month with another wonderful visit from family! Nonnie and PopPop came to see us! One of the things that I love most about these two wonderful people are that they take the everyday, ordinary things in life and make them special. I felt that way every day they were here, and try to hold onto it and keep it going after they've gone. 

Sadly, we started the trip with both kids getting sick. LE had a crazy high fever the day C arrived, and even fell asleep on my shoulder while I walked around the grocery store in the morning - she never falls asleep outside of her bed or car seat. Seriously, I knew something was wrong. But generally speaking, she was simply more needy and cuddly which just heightened her already momma-girl personality. Sweet baby had a rough night, and ended up in our bed (another never moment). Babies always look so peaceful when sleeping!


We played around the home a lot, visited L-man at preschool for a special-guest lunch with Nonnie, spent a long time shopping for flowers (completely my fault, I'm so indecisive!), and went to watch Daddy play in a soccer game. That's when L-man decided to get sick too, falling asleep on my legs while watching the game with a high fever, although his got to the point of throwing up in the car. Yuck! Luckily he seemed to get better quickly after that, with only a fever left over. While they both got over it quickly, night-sleep was completely ruined and we were all waking up a dozen or so times each night. Made for a long week of getting back to normal!


"One, two, free, four, daddy higher!"

We played outside a lot, went swimming at the Y when the kids were feeling better, and worked on planting our new flowers. 





G joined us a few days later, and we enjoyed a lot of low-key fun together: working on the garden and bringing it back to life, playing frisbee, some water fun in the front yard, small projects around the home, playing with new toys that PopPop brought, and eating yummy food. 

C-Boys. Love them all!




Playing 'Doctor' - trying to be like daddy!

What fun memories!!

The kids were in heaven to get so much attention, and R & I were in heaven to feel of G & C's goodness. They are such amazing people - and we are lucky to have them!

5 comments:

Amber said...

Your kids are so cute and so big!

Cynthia said...

I love this post....I need copies of these pictures!! I just relived the whole week we spent together and loved it all over again! Thanks!! Can't wait for Powell!!xo C

Tiffany said...

Oh man I love those people! Need to see Ryan's parents again sometime...

Tara said...

Kind of made tears prick my eyes a little seeing that last picture of G&C and the kids together - all healthy and happy and doing well. It's beautiful!!!!

bbfamwagon said...

That last photo is beautiful (well, they ALL are!) and I echo Tara's comment. Thanks for sharing -- you're very blessed!