Wednesday, May 23

preschool sing a long

Preschool has been incredibly awesome for L-man this year. We were so sad to see the school year end, and he's already talking about how his next class will be upstairs (4 years olds are on the second floor). His teachers are wonderful, and it has been a growing experience for all involved. 
 We did a little carpooling action with a good friend of mine. These boys loved to lean out the window when it came time for the drop-off zone. Good buddies!
 On the last day of school, the preschool put on this Sing-a-Long for the parents. I was excited to go, but really didn't know what to expect. As I walk into this gym, I see all these parents have their video cameras on tripods set up already! I was laughing so hard! It was quite a large group, and I saw so many moms/dads rush in during their lunch break just to watch. 
While I did laugh at the humor of it all and how over the top some parents were about a preschool deal, you better believe that I started recording one of the songs they sang just to show Ry. I'm such a sucker. (and I was across the gym from where L-man was, so forgive the 100% zoomed-in shaky camera work)

And for those of you who can't understand them (I couldn't even when I watched it live), here are the words:
"God is watching, watching over you.  24/7 watching over you. Your life is in His hands, whoa, whoa. He's got great big plans, 'cause he's watching over you. 
When you're waving, your hands up in the air; When you're shouting - woo! - no matter when or where. God's seeing everything you do. 'Cause He's watching, watching over you."
I didn't record L-man's favorite song, "Wild About Us" that you can watch here. He's been singing this one in the car for months, but didn't quite know the words all the time. I would try and guess what he was saying all the time because it sounded like "He's wa! He's wa! God is wa about us." I laughed so hard when I realized what the words actually were! My favorite part is when the kids all 'raised the roof' singing "God is great, He is awesome!" 
Hilarious! So sweet, endearing, and funny. I completely am falling in love with these southern churches. :)
L-man and his fantastic teachers. We miss them already!

1 comment:

Tara said...

I love it!! He's Wa! A whole new kind of awesome, right?! L-man is getting so big, I can't believe it!