We have been so lucky to have visitors lately! First my brother and his family, then R's parents, and now some of the best friends we had in Ohio. Short, but oh so sweet to be with these wonderful people again!
I got to meet a little bit more of this little dude's personality, and I love him! Watching him almost brought tears to my eyes a couple different times because he looked so much like his older brother did when L-man and he would play together as toddlers. Crazy how fast time goes!
We just happened to be in the perfect spot for the S-Family to take a break along their drive back from their vacation. So they stayed the night, and then continued their journey the next day. We ate a yummy lunch - complete with awesome homemade guacamole - and played outside a lot while they were packing their car. They undoubtedly got home late because we just couldn't say goodbye so soon!
Oh I love this girl. She constantly makes me laugh, and always inspires me with her many talents and abilities. I feel like she's always pushing herself to be better, and because of that I want to do the same! And whenever I tell her just how awesome she is, she just shrugs it off like it's no big deal. She was the one that L-man and I would just walk over to their house in Ohio, unannounced, and asking for a distraction during the day. We would trade recipes for seriously good food; always had good, real conversations; do last-minute get-togethers whenever the hubbies had time off; and lovingly accepted the fact that our boys rough-housed and always got in fights together. We would constantly blame it on the "intense" personalities of their fathers. Seriously. We even listed one another as living in the same household to qualify for a zoo "family" members - because we practically are family!
Man alive we miss these guys. It felt completely natural, easy, and right to be together laughing again.
You know the best part?! A year ago, we came home from crazy traveling to find our home and personal space in OH completely violated and graffitied with medical-student business cards. Andrew (in above picture) and two other great friends, Eric and Justin, stuffed and pushed their business cards into every nook and cranny of our house and belongings. Our entire home was plastered!
![]() |
| (they spelled the name wrong on purpose) |
We would take the business cards off the picture frame, only to find one in the exact spot under the glass frame (in fact, we've left it in the glass as a little reminder of such great friends!). While we were packing up our house I literally felt like these cards were falling from the ceiling. And you know what? I just found a card last week. As in, a full year later we are STILL finding these cards. One of my favorite spots? In a little Russian nesting doll - there were ripped up pieces of a business card even in the tiniest doll that was literally an inch tall.
Anyway - you get the point. These boys are professionals at pranks.
WELL - We got a surprise visit from Andrew on his way down to Florida about two weeks earlier than this family visit. He was pulling another prank on us! This time with address labels, and sticking them all over our trees, flowers, door, etc. In fact, I bet there are some under our slate rocks that we haven't found yet. While the prank wasn't a complete success since we ended up seeing one another and catching up for a bit, it was SO SO funny, and completely fitting for our friendship.
The best part, is that even a year later, our friendship picks up right where we left off. And it will continue to do so, I'm sure. Especially since we still have all those business cards to return to their owners - and yes, that includes you, Eric & Justin. You will all get what's coming to you. :)
Thank goodness for best friends!


4 comments:
what a great post, Lauren! I'm so glad you documented this! I heard all about it, but hearing your side of the story is awesome!
can't wait to get our come-uppance... who's winning? Who's card was the last one you found?
I forgot about that! Those guys are so funny. They were hoping that you would be finding them for years to come. If any of your electronic devices aren't working...check for a business card before giving up.
You are too nice. We don't deserve you guys!
This is awesome! So wonderful to have great friends!
Sweet, I am one whole aluminum siding unit taller than Ryan!
Post a Comment