Tuesday, March 6

"my dad"

L's preschool did a mock Father's Day since they don't have school in June. All the dads were invited for "Donuts with Dad" and they talked about fathers, made portraits of their own father out of a paper plate and construction paper, and learned about different jobs out there that dad's might have. Even though R couldn't go, L still had a great day and came home bearing gifts for his dad. One of those was a questionnaire that L gave the answers to. I loved seeing the way he views his dad! And I quote:  

 "My Dad"
My Dad's name is   Ryan   .
I call him   Dad  .
He is   8   years old.
He has   brown   eyes.
He has   blonde   hair.
His favorite sport is   wrestling  .
While I'm at school he    plays with mommy and Lady-LE  .
His favorite thing to do is   work - he makes sick people better
He is really good at   sleeping through the night  .
I like for him to play   wrestling   with me.

It makes me laugh to think about what sticks out to him. We've chatted about the things you get to do when you're eight years old lately, so it's been on his mind. And we pray every night that L and Lady-LE will sleep all through the night, so naturally Daddy must be very good at that. Wrestling is by far L's favorite thing in the world to do with his dad, if you can't tell. And I can hear exactly how L would describe his dad's 'favorite thing to do:' go to the "hostible" to "help feel sick people all better", and can see his teachers translating that into understandable structure. 

Oh I love this little boy. And I love his Dad even more. Definitely lucky to have these men in my life. 

10 comments:

Unknown said...

lol, must be a popular idea bc Gwen and Eric had one of those yesterday night at her school! and her questionairre was funny too, but I'll share it later in a post. My favorite part of L's is that dad is good at sleeping through the night! lol!

ashley said...

sweet boy! such a sweet and loving soul. i will also pray that your house sleeps through the night and follows R's good habit!

Lauren said...

That is SO Cute! What a fun idea. I have no idea what Luke would say. He definitely doesn't know andrew's name although he called me lauren today for the first time. weird.

I miss this little boy. I want to have real conversation with him!

p.s. i'll pay you if you'll turn off the things that make me discern random zigzag words when I leave a comment. I've failed three times in a row!!!

Angela said...

How cute is this! I love that he thinks Ry is 8 years old! I asked B the same questions just to know what she'd say and she thinks her dad is "twenty hundred" =)

Love you guys!

Hey, It's me...Jessica said...

That last photo is priceless! So sweet!

Tara said...

sweet sweet sweet - I can just hear his little voice talking about the hostible. :) Beautiful pictures, too - as is to be expected. :) Love you!

Cynthia said...

This is so wonderful. I love the "dad" comments and the pictures are treasures!

We Run for YOU! said...

I love you Heather, that is so adorable. We miss you guys. Earlier this week Sara asked when we get to see L again, she really missed him!

Love you,
Cassie

bbfamwagon said...

I read this a while back and thought I'd posted a comment -- apparently not, though. Anyway, I love it! I'm so glad Ryan is good at sleeping through the night -- I'm sure that makes him much more effective at making sick people all better! Love and miss you all!

linzi said...

So sweet! And those photos of them together - so beautiful. That last one - both of them - goodness, they are precious.