The beauty of moving somewhere new, is that you are prone to go places that you think will be fun only to find out that it is not what you expected.
That happened a week or so ago with us, where I packed the kids up and drove off to a fun-sounding activity that didn't turn out like I had expected. And we were in a completely different part of town that I am unfamiliar with, so I was just in that limbo stage of "I have two kids who desperately need something to do, but what?" L helped me decide when we saw a playground nearby. Never mind that it was probably the coldest day of the month here in the Queen City, and we were freezing. But the kids loved it!
Lady-LE especially loved being able to do her own thing - climb up the stairs, walk on the playground, go down the slides, etc. whenever and however she wanted. She is getting more into the climbing world and loves it.
We played on these slides almost the whole time. And we laughed a ton making up games and trying to get one another. Oh so much fun!
And for the first time in a long time, L was totally willing to be cute for the camera. I love this boy.
LE was not really of the same mindset. She was just focused on moving!
This is the only smiling one I caught of her, and thankfully that long hair was out of her face. :)
I love it when something changes your plans, and you end up having way more fun than you expected.
Sometimes the key to happiness is to have low expectations. :)
1 comment:
love your last snippet of wisdom. amen to that.
Post a Comment