Friday, April 9

memory sake

Things that I loved about today (which was actually a few days ago):
- Driving along a stretch of the river slowly trying to soak in these early signs of spring on the trees
- Eating lunch outside at a park on a swinging bench with my favorite little boy
- L taking a bite of his sandwich and then running off to go down the slide again and again
- L was playing with a new friend, and right in the middle of it he ran up to me and gave me a hug and a kiss. I love how he's not old enough to be embarrassed by that.
- When far away on the other side of the playground, I heard his little voice out of all the other kids calling out to me. I looked for him, and when our eyes met he smiled real big and proceeded to climb the steps to the slide. He just wanted to know that I was watching
- Watching L fearlessly climb to the top of the big-kid playground to go down the biggest slide over and over again
- While sitting and eating grapes together, L would continually scoot closer until our legs were touching side by side and keep eating. He did this every time he came back to sit down after playing.
- L running as fast as he could down the ramp and into my arms for a big hug
- Listening to him say 'swing,' 'slide,' and 'fast' over and over again
- When it was time to go, watching him turn around and wave to the playground saying "bye play"

6 comments:

Tara said...

so sweet - both the boy and his momma. :)

linzi said...

i second that - you are both perfectly sweet. i adore you, heather. there aren't very many people in this world as wonderful, inside and out, as you.

Lauren said...

I love those pics. He is a handsome kid. I love your comments too...I need to pay attention more to those sweet moments.

Angela said...

What a sweet post! You're such an awesome mom Heath!

Elizabeth said...

Heather I absolutely love you! I was just fretting over how quickly Abigail is growing. (I have this weird problem... one minute I want her to be a little older so she will interact more with us and the next I freak out over how fast she is growing!) Your post helped remind me that there is so much to look forward to! Thanks!!

Scottie and Angie said...

What cute pictures of Logan! I can't believe how quickly he is growing up! Happy Birthday to him too!