1. Working together
Preparing for an open house hosted by my amazing in-laws. Hanging out with family is wonderful, but working with the family seems to be so much more meaningful and enjoyable. It's nice to have goals to work towards, and family to help you get there!
{this is just a sampling - there was more food there than I can remember! Many, many more beautiful plates not captured by camera. }
2. Variable weather
Colorado Springs always has different weather - one day it'll snow and the next it's warm enough to only wear a sweater! So we took advantage of that and tried to get the kids outside. Garden of the Gods is BEAUTIFUL, and gave us all a nice walk together!

3. If One is good, Four is better!
There were times when it got crazy with so many kids close to the same age, but it was even a little bit easier at times. If you're doing a bath, throw 'em all in! If you're making dinner, feed 'em all! If you're changing a diaper, change 'em all!
Santa came! TM (baby cousin) didn't seem to have an opinion, SL was scared and cried, L sat cautiously (and occasionally said "ho, ho, ho"), and CJ kept announcing that it was Papa, not Santa. What a funny crowd!
Being parents has it's advantages - like setting up for Christmas morning! I've never been on that side of the line, and I LOVED it. It made me giddy! And it was even funnier watching the three adult brothers put together a marble tower - does the box really say for ages three and up?
5. The Broadmoor Hotel
We walked around this beautiful hotel, and it was a lot of fun being with family, drinking hot cocoa, and being all bundled up!
6. Snow Days
L cried every time ANYone rode the sleds. It was pretty traumatic! But we were all bundled up, and we were going to have fun, dang it!
7. Taking pictures!
This is a must every time we get together, and we try to make it work with all the kids! I think it was a success!! Love you guys!
8. Playing with cousins
We don't get to see family as much as we'd like, so we had to pack it all in over this vacation! It was fun to have play dates every day!

9. Helping in the kitchen
Nonnie was so kind to always let the grandkids help her in the kitchen! Definitely slows the progress down, but the kids love it and love playing with her!
10. Roasting Marshmallows
We had to test out the new roasting sticks we gave R's dad for Christmas. They were a success! L still does not like to eat plain chocolate, but he loved the graham!
"Smalls, do you wanna s'more?"
"I haven't had anything yet, so how can I have some more of nothing?"








12 comments:
several comments, so stay with me.
I LOVE the tub full of kids! So fun!
I also love how everyone in the family pics is color coordinated. Did ya'll plan that in advance or was everyone really given a gift that magically matched?
I love your hat and scarf--new?
Is that cabbage used to hold the dip? Ingenious...
Love how L cried no matter who was on the sled. Too funny. He was worried for their safety, eh?
and definitely my favorite: the big men enjoying a lil marble slide fun! Sooooo funny!
You cut your hair Heather! It looks so cute. Love it!
What an awsome post. You are so great! He love and miss you already--and yes even with all the craziness:) Love you
Love it! Great pictures, fun family times, and fantastic photoshopping!! :) I love you, Heather!
Your hair is SO cute!
that last comment from "merman121" was me, Alayne :)
Just showed these to Grandy and Charles...they loved seeing Christmas with the Christensens...Thanks again!
What I fun trip, I love how you arranged all the pictures. Love the hair cut too!
Now I don't feel so bad for posting such a late christmas update. You definitely out-posted me, though. :) Did you go sledding after we left? Jealous!
Great post! Your collages are beautiful! And you look beautiful too! Love your haircut!
What a great holiday and what wonderful pictures! Heather and Ryan are now officially in charge of organizing and executing family photo shoots at future family gatherings. Christensens obviously know how to do this right!
Love your hair and your pics and collages are always so beautiful! Hope you're feeling ok.
Post a Comment