Saturday, December 6

eight months

Recent statistics: 21 lbs. 7 oz. The last two months I have taken him to the doctor's office just to weigh him on his month birthday. Maybe last month he wore heavier clothes? Either that or he lost 3 oz. ... who knows. All I can say is that he's still incredibly heavy. :)

Taking pictures of L was a little more challenging than normal. He just wanted to be moving the whole time! I am definitely going to have a lot of chasing to do once he can actually crawl! This kid was out of control!
Recent favorites:

L has started to give wet kisses. At least I think that's what he's trying to do when he slobbers my entire face! It's so much fun! Except when his kisses turn into bites ... then it's not so fun.

Amazingly awesome hugs!! I cannot even begin to explain how good it feels to get a hug from this little guy - it's perfect! (okay, as of this past week he stopped giving hugs. I try to remind him how to do it but he is much more interested in being out away from Mommy to be able to touch, feel, see, and experience other things ... sadness.)

L now can get up on his knees and rock back and forth. We definitely see him crawling soon!

He loves to laugh at Mommy, and Mommy loves to make ridiculous faces and act all crazy to make him laugh.

L loves watching other kids play - especially cousins C and S. They affectionately refer to him as "Baby L" and played with him all the time at Thanksgiving.

Starting to eat more solid foods and LOVES the independence it offers him. Mom on the other hand needs some therapeutic help because she's already having issues about her baby growing up. I think she'll have a nervous breakdown when he's old enough to go to school - who knows what will happen when he can drive, date, and go to college!

Is a champ on plane rides. He doesn't sleep too well, and definitely needs to be entertained the whole time - but overall people love him and he loves the attention!

"Perpetual motion" is still the best way to describe L. He is constantly moving and wiggling and squirming ... I can hardly keep up with him now!

Has had his first nerf blow-dart war with Daddy. (Thanks Papa G for the Christmas gifts!) Sadly, I think Daddy won ... but L was definitely putting up a good fight.

Is still extremely attached to Mommy. As long as he can keep his eyes on her he's okay ... but watch out if she goes out of sight. It's not a pretty picture.

Loves to dance with Momma.

If there's something out of reach while he's on his belly, he rocks forward almost touching his face to the ground with one arm reaching as far as he can toward the tow. He lifts the opposite foot off the ground, and it looks like he's flying like Superman. It is SO funny, and so cute to watch him work so hard to get what he wants.

Holding back on using consonants while talking ... I'm not sure why but all he ever says is "Ahhh" over and over again really loudly!

L likes to roll onto one side to watch people. It's like he's a model striking a pose or something ... pretty funny if you ask me!

L never holds back. Whatever his emotion is, he shows it full-swing. Some people call that an "intense" personality. I love him for it. :)

5 comments:

Ellen said...

He is SO cute!! I think I say this every time, but isn't this stage the BEST!!?

robyncreates said...

Again, Love the way you post a series of shots that tell the story. He is adorable!

Tiffany said...

I can't believe how big he is getting!

Jen said...

aww that's a cute list! Lil L is just adorable! Thanks for sharing Heather :)

Lauren said...

Such cute pictures! I need to stop by sometime before 7pm...I feel like I haven't seen the little guy in ages! You are definitely a Mom I look up to.