Tuesday, November 13

our freezer

A few weeks ago, my brother, Dave, made a post to his blog regarding my family's known addiction to cold cereal. Since reading this (and serving as living proof to its validity), I have started pondering on numerous other unique traits I have as a direct result of the home I grew up in. One of these "Adamson" traits would include the love of watching movies, err ... rather falling asleep while watching movies. Other not-so-pleasant qualifying traits could be the famous "Adamson-twitch" or sleeping-with-the-mouth-open (ask my brother-in-law Eric for full descriptions). On the brighter side, I believe that many positive, enriching qualities have also been gained from being a member of my family such as patriotism, a love of music, a testimony of the gospel, a good sense of humor, and so forth. However!! There is one addiction / habit / trait / "undying affection" within our family that I think just might be my favorite. And here's a picture to prove it:
Why on earth Ryan and I need six - count them SIX - cartons of ice cream between the two of us is a mystery. Especially since two of which are duplicate flavors, indicating the need not to go a moment without even the option of choosing vanilla (to accompany cake, apple crisp, or a good ol' root beer float) or a mixed sherbet (for homemade smoothies). Even the very thought of being 'without ice cream' can be devastating, so we take all precautions we can to avoid such a traumatic experience! Believe me - it's not worth the risk. Such an occurrence will almost immediately result on an impulse buy of a more expensive brand simply to satisfy the void felt (which actually, isn't such a bad thing every once in a while). Nevertheless, when we scream for ice cream, it's serious business!! :)

7 comments:

Brad and Erica said...

That is some serious ice cream storage in your freezer! I think it is a necessary precaution, however. I am with you on the good timing of our pregnancies, as well. Brad likes to tease that I am just in the "I look fat, not pregnant" stage. I am sure that you will feel your baby move soon - you may just have an easy going baby, which I am sure would be a blessing once the little one actually arrives. It is an exciting feeling, though. I am excited for you to get there. Let us know how the ultrasound goes. I am a little jealous that yours is so soon!

Anonymous said...

=D I adore that picture! p.s. bluebunny.com has (or very recently had?) a coupon for $2 off...and I know because I'm an ice cream addict.

Dave said...

That is a beautiful sight. Sadly we are out right now. The usual bucket ran out a little over a week ago...I haven't even had time to go to the store. Can we come over for some ice cream?

Angela said...

Oh I love that Peach Breyers ice cream!! That reminds me I need to go to the store this weekend...

Lizzie said...

All i can say is, i wish my freezer looked like yours. We just have lots of bags of frozen veggies. :( Sad days, huh?

Jamie Lynn said...

I totally hear you. I had to stop buying ice cream because I would go through a carton a week. Not good! Also, I am a digger for the chunks, Trent and I have to have our own cartons because I will carve out all the cookie dough chunks and leave him with plain vanilla. Now I get my cookie dough, he gets his moose tracks and its all good. You HAVE to let us know as soon as you know boy or girl, I'm dying to know!

Jen said...

haha, I love this post! We can totally relate! I just posted a Cold Stone coupon on my blog! You should use it and pack your freezer full of even more ice cream =)