Hooray! L-man has been waiting for this day for quite some time now, and we are all excited to get back into a routine. We had a little "tea party" they called it at his school the week before, getting to know the teachers/classroom/etc., so he was ready to go. L-man is a little funny to me, because he doesn't get crazy hyper, nervous, or anxious about new things. He is often very matter-of-fact about them. Not in the sense that he's mature for his age (because I highly doubt that!), but rather he chooses to keep his excitement levels fairly constant, saving the outbursts for behind doors later in the day when his sister takes his toys. :)
So on the first day of preschool he wasn't over the top in love with the concept, just went about the routine and smiled for the pictures. Of course he was happy, just a controlled happy. Makes me laugh.
This picture in particular makes him look so big to me. I can hardly believe it!
He automatically goes for a hug whenever I ask him to stand by Lady-LE for a picture. I hope he keeps doing small things like that for a long time.
His preschool does a car-pool drop off, so the teachers help the kids get out of the car and walk them into the building. Seriously cool since it'd be a pain to get Lady-LE in and out of the car twice a day just for preschool's sake. I expected him to be at least a little hesitant today, or at least say something to me. But NOPE! He immediately started talking to the sweet teacher, jumped out of the car, and didn't even turn around to look at me. I guess he's ready!
For the first couple of weeks this sweet girl was so heartbroken. She would immediately ask where L-man was going, and then say, "I miss L. I sad." in a very soft, low, quiet voice. Kind of the boo-hoo voice you use when you read books to kids. She would keep repeating that until I said "Me too, baby girl" and then she would ask to hold my hand to comfort her. She'll still do it even today, but she gets over it a lot faster.
Plus, we've been doing a little co-op preschool for Lady-LE with some friends, and she thinks she is the bees knees when it's her turn for preschool. She says, "I big girl. I go to preschool too!" Oh I love it.
3 comments:
She is the bees knees. Naturally. :) I love all these pics - and I love the little sign you made for L-man -- I can just see the progression of 1st day pics by the time he graduates high school!!!!!!! Love it! (no pressure or anything. :)
Love those kids. Sigh.
Love these smiles! And yes, he looks super grown up on that third picture!
Post a Comment