Sunday, September 2

july beginnings

My parents are nuts about road trips - but I love it. Since my siblings and I are spread out over the country, my parents will load up the car, and travel to us all. Not an easy feat, I assure you. They've done this trip twice now, and it is literally coast-to-coast. This year it went like this: started in UT, drove to Chicago, onto New Jersey, down to us in North Carolina, across over to Kansas, back to UT, up to WA, back to UT. CRAZY! But my parents love it, and I love them for it. 

They only had two days with us, but the kids and I were lucky enough to drive with them back to KS and UT - so we got to be with them for probably longer than they would like! And my fantastic younger sister flew out to join them here and drive with us, so we were doubly blessed by visitors. 

The two days here in NC flew by fast, but we had fun! Played at the pool, grocery trip runs, trip to the mall, celebrating Lady-LE's second birthday, and talking/laughing a lot.






We packed for a three week vacation, said goodbye to Ry, and hit the road on Lady-LE's technical birthday. Onto Kansas!

1 comment:

bbfamwagon said...

I'm not sure we're really nuts about road trips -- mostly we're just nuts, period. And this was actually our third time driving all the way to New Jersey... but who's counting? The fact is, we're highly motivated by the people who've chosen to live in these places (it's actually THEIR judgment that's in question....). Love you!