So while I did post a few times, I wanted to include other snippets of our life throughout October. Here are a few more memories, mostly in pictures:
Our neighborhood holds an annual Oktoberfest, and it was a big hit! They had dinner, music, and tons of inflatables for the kids to play on. A wonderful neighbor of mine stopped by to make sure we were going, and I'm so glad she did! Their little boy A is perfect, and I hope Lady-LE gets a crush on him soon because he melts my heart all the time! At one point, towards the end of the night, L made his way over to the tennis court where some teenage boys were throwing a football around. We didn't know them, and yet they were awesome enough to throw the ball with L and to slow down long enough for him to throw it back countless times. Seriously? Teenage boys willing to play with some random kid? I love our neighborhood. :)
We got to know an awesome neighbor friend who has become L's main buddy here. They're really close in age, and are so much a like (read: intense) that it sometimes leads to a love/hate relationship. But I completely adore little W and we love having this best friend just right across the street.
Lots of hide and seek.
Painting the upstairs room + R on night shifts = he sleeps in our room on the main floor so we have to either keep out of the house or stay super quiet. One Saturday in particular I wore the kids out with all-day outdoor fun. We first hit up a local fall festival and had a blast playing. L rode a horse for the first time, and was very matter-of-fact about the whole business. They had a huge hay barrel maze set up for kids, with the barrels being taller than L. So kids would climb on top of the barrels and run and jump all over. It was seriously an awesome kid zone.
This sweet girl saw us the first time I was helping L climb up the barrel, and she comes up and starts talking to me saying that she'll take care of him and help him around. She must have been around eight or so, there with a birthday party group, and was such a doll! I thanked her and said how sweet she was, and as she and L are walking away holding hands she turns around and says, "He's cute!" HA! Totally made my day, and I wanted to tell all the parents around me what an angel girl she was to help with L. She would pick him up and help him jump, holding his hand as they walked from barrel to barrel. L's hitting it up with the older girls ...
After the fall festival we came home for lunch, attempted naps but neither kid went for 'em, and then left the house again for a local fall carnival. I caved and bought tickets for those carnie-rides, and was pleasantly surprised with how much I enjoyed it. We stayed there till dinner time, when we came home to see Dad for just an hour before he had to go to work. We were exhausted! It was a good day.
We learned how to fall asleep in the car again, which has been necessary on a few occasions.
And played a lot at nearby parks enjoying this gorgeous fall weather.



No comments:
Post a Comment