Friday, August 26

take a breath

Whew! I just caught up on the past four months and some major changes in our lives. {and yes, I backdated them to make it look not so bad}
I'm sure not a whole lot of you care to look back and read everything, and I offer no other incentive. Scroll for pictures, read every word, mark 'as-read' and completely skip, I don't mind either way. It's been therapeutic for me to be able to cross this off my list and say I am caught up! 
One of my goals this year was to take a photo everyday. That morphed into creating an online source that I would post it to. That morphed into detailing out my thoughts on that specific photo. That morphed into an online journal that I now crave and yearn to write in {practically} every day. I am amazed at the things that I can remember, and choose to focus on. All the little details, or the big ones. The silly ones or the serious ones. Like the food we had for dinner, the games I played with my kids, the impressions of the spirit I felt that day, the reasons why I love this person, the yearnings of my soul to make changes, the blessings and hardships I experience everyday. Makes this quote take on even deeper meaning for me:

"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences."

~Gordon B. Hinckley, October 2006 Speech at BYU

I was there and heard President Hinckley give this speech at BYU. I loved it then, but didn't quite understand its depth. I am learning the blessings of recording my life, and I love it. 
I definitely think it's easier to stay current, rather than catching up - so here's to renewing my commitment to this fun responsibility of keeping in touch with family and friends through this blog. Here we go!

7 comments:

alyson said...

I love that quote! I'm going to hold on to that one, it's so true. Loved reading through your catch up, glad you guys are doing good! :)

Hey, It's me...Jessica said...

Sometimes life moves so fast it's hard to catch up:)

Congratulations on graduation. The trip to Hawaii looked A.mazing and your new home is beautiful. Good luck finding a car and beating the southern heat!

Angela said...

I love reading your blog Heath. I love how well you can put in words the feelings of everyday life, the struggles, and hooray kind moments.

I love the pic of Ryan playing with the kids! So perfect! And I´m so sad for your jeep. I always thought it was the coolest car! I´m so glad R is ok. Hope you find another car soon. Love you!

Unknown said...

just finished reading all your catch up posts... LOVED EM!!! I miss you guys so much! When I was reading I just kept thinking how much I love you and your family. You are so wonderful. Glad you updated so I could get my Heather "fix".

Your house is GORGEOUS!

MY new fave pic of the two of you is jumping on the beach... AWESOME and CUTE!!!

Tiffany said...

Oh man....I am sooooo behind. I'm feeling kind of jealous that you are all caught up. Nope, not gonna lie - COMPLETELY jealous that you are totally caught up.

Brianna said...

I love all the pictures. You guys sure look like you are having fun.

Mindora.Mae said...

are you done breathing yet? I'd like more pictures please! ;)