{I'm already to August in my catch-up! Yay!}
Can you tell I was not cut out to be an elementary school teacher? Absolutely zero cuteness in L's sticker chart for going potty. But he loved it, and that's what counts! I took this picture at the end of day two. I would say that's a major success! He has done great. Seriously. Still have a few hiccups ... but great.
Painting a little bit. This was a "prize" after filling in a row of stickers. He was so excited!
This is Miss-LE waiting for her "play-doctor" as L refers to her, otherwise known as physical therapist. It has been awesome doing physical therapy with her! And she has caught on so quickly. It was as if her brain was stuck, and just needed an outside influence to help her 'click' that she could move and get where she wanted to be. In the four weeks that we've gone {one of them included the introductory evaluation}, she has learned to go from laying-to-sitting, sitting-to-kneeling, kneeling-to-standing, and has gotten a lot faster at her bottom scooting. She is even cruising while holding onto things and wants to go faster and faster. Seriously! Basically in three weeks covered what she should have been learning for the past six months or so. She is noticeable happier, as am I! I no longer have to entertain a toddler trapped in a six-month-old body. :) It's fabulous. This does mean that I have to constantly be helping her walk around, and "training" her on how to do these skills, but we love it. Only one more week and we'll probably call it quits because she'll be age-appropriate. Hooray!
This little guy loves to ride his bike around on the driveway. Oh man he loves it. I've been doing a ton of yard work lately, and he's my buddy outside while Lady-LE takes her morning nap. He always says that I need to use the grass cutting machine, and he using his bike machine. We make a good team together.
A little spur of the moment family night out to watch Tangled at a movie in the park. R had the next day off {which is so rare!}, and I was itching to get out of the house {potting training will do that to you}. Everyone loved it and we all had a fun time. However the next couple days were brutal for L. He literally turned into a monster. There's still a half-monster in there, but he's slowly returning to his old self.
Doing yard work again, and letting the kids play in the water. We really should look into getting a bigger kiddie pool. :)
In a very sad turn of events, we had to say a premature goodbye to Jeep. R got in an accident on his way to work one morning while it was still dark outside, and the damage was significant enough to outweigh the total value of the car. The damage is on the driver's side door/front panel/front left tire/front axel. But I wanted to remember Jeep in all her glory, so I'm not showcasing that side. No one needs to have their faults exposed, right? Especially Jeep after all she has done for us.
We had our first date in this car. We drove away on our wedding night in this car. We drove all over UT during our undergrad years in her. She carried us across the country and was constantly reliable through medical school. We have driven her from CA to NC, and she still had one heck of a life ahead of her. Let's just say that I cried when we got the final news that she was totaled. It was a sad day.
So if anyone around here is looking to sell a car, we're in the market for one.
For the record, both R and the driver of the other vehicle were both completely safe and unharmed, thank goodness. We have counted our blessings repeatedly for that and continue to be grateful.
Life on a resident's schedule with two little ones at home with crazy naps make it difficult to survive with only one car. But we're making it work, and it's been about two weeks already. Hopefully we'll find a car soon ... after being homebound during the potty training, and now having only one car between us, I find that I'm not as much of a homebody as I thought I was. I gotta get out! :)







3 comments:
I've spent the whole morning reading your blogs and missing you and being grateful for what a wonderful woman you are. Good luck w/ finding a new car!!! Thanks for your wonderful posts - you are inspiring and amazing to me!!!
Oh the Jeep....sad day! I too have great memories in this vehicle. :(
Potty training - aaaaaahhhhhh! (that was a shriek of horror:) It looks like it's going pretty well though! Sorry about your jeep, glad no one was hurt, but I'm hoping you have a new car very, very soon!
Post a Comment