We just had a wonderful visit from my brother and his family. {well, timing is all relative, right?} They drove 11+ hours for a very short weekend, and we had so much fun being with them! L and his cousin B played like crazy and were such good friends. All day long after they left, L just kept saying over and over again how much he missed her; and R and I simply could not fill the playmate role as well as she could. It was darling to watch them!
We of course started out the weekend with some photo booth fun on our computer. It was dang cute watching them all laugh so hard.
Playing in the water for a little bit. And riding bikes and scooters a lot.
Going for a walk around the pond and having some snacks along the way.
R had been planning on making me a picnic table for an early birthday present. After talking with brother D about it, they decided to do it together and D brought some tools with him. R had made the saw horses before hand, and they definitely came in handy. From designing, buying the materials, cutting, and putting it all together it took them five hours. Amazing! We still have to sand and stain it, but we have to wait for the rain to stop long enough for it to dry. Someday soon. Happy early Birthday to me!! I LOVE it!
The finished table on our deck, well loved by everyone. It has definitely been fun!
We even had a visit from the ice cream truck! It was such a quintessential summer moment I had to take pictures {as if I ever need as excuse, right?}. Don't let that sour face on Lady-LE fool you, she loved it!
See? I love the ice cream dripping off her chin onto the watermelon on her shirt. Perfect summer day, I tell ya!
We drove up to the US Whitewater National Center to see on fireworks on Saturday night, and we had a great time. That place is huge and we can't wait to go back and take advantage of it. It was crazy crowded, and the kids loved the fireworks. SUCH a difference from last year when L couldn't even keep his eyes open. And of course, he and cousin B had wrestling games on the grass. It just seems so perfect when your best friends' kids get along so well with your own, right?
Sunday we had a lazy morning, enjoyed church together, and then had a big 4th of July dinner together while R slept to prepare for a night shift. After dinner we enjoyed some sparklers and playing outside a little bit more.
I love this kid's intensity. He cracks me up. {and I love D&A's camera. It's amazing.}
So stinking fun!
{on a side note, I love looking at this picture and seeing hand-me-down clothes from cousin J-boy and Baby-A. It's as if we were all together and it made me happy.}
Monday morning {the real 4th of July}, we all got up to say goodbye. The A-Family had a long way to drive before D reported to work at 4am the next day. We were so lucky to have them come visit us!! Our first year of marriage D&A lived in Provo at the same time before graduating, and we did everything with them. It is so fun to get together with them now and simply pick up right where we left off. They are the best of people, and we are constantly trying to be as good as them. Thank you so much for coming!! We can't wait till our next adventure!








6 comments:
What a beautiful collection of pictures and memories of beautiful, wonderful people! Feeling very blessed right now.....
You have a beautiful family Heather!
um, adorableness must run in your family because your niece and nephew are C-UTE! and I think your lil brown-headed nephew has the most amazing eyes!
I LOVE the summer pics! You are really quite a talented photographer!
*sigh* Love it all! Especially D's AWESOMELY huge forehead pic. :o) (btw, does that mean you took the plunge and are mac owners????? I wanna hear all about that transition!) So good to see your kids together! Love you guys so much!
Thanks so much for this post. It made us all teary reading this. We love you and love every minute we get to spend with you guys. I love how B and L are best friends! We need to work on Matty and get him to stop poking baby's eyes so him and LR can be best friends too! =) We love you and can't wait for the next time we get to see you!
Having family over is the best isn't it? We don't live by family right now and it is so hard and lonely sometimes! Cute photos!
Post a Comment