Pretty much the cutest giraffe I've ever seen. We went to a party a week before Halloween with some friends and had a great time. L cried when we first put the costume on him, but once he saw other kids dressed up he kinda liked it I think.
They do things a little differently here in Columbus, and we did trick-or-treating on Thursday night. It was so much fun! L got the hang of it, and with a little friendly reminder signed "thank you" to all our awesome neighbors who had candy.
Without even telling or showing him what to do, we took off his costume and he immediately sat down to view his spoils. He was so cute lining up all the pieces, and he eventually started sorting them all into groups (snickers, skittles, taffys, etc.). So stinkin' cute to watch his mind work!
This was the third time we tried to put the costume on him - our ward Halloween party. He was exhausted from a LONG day, and would NOT let us get that giraffe over his head. Good thing we had a back-up! He was already tired and grumpy, and then in the middle of the party, a balloon popped right on his face. Needless to say we had a meltdown, and he was VERY needy the rest of the night. Ry & I played it easy this year, and switched roles for Halloween. I was a surgeon and he was a mom in a bathrobe. Pretty creative I know ...
All in all a very fun Halloween week! Can't wait for next year!




19 comments:
wait, you missed your chance to brag on Ryan's costume award! You gotta talk about that too! ;)
and I LOVE L's giraffe costume! Next year come trick or treat at our house!
my favorite part of the post was how he started to group his candy. Kid knows his sweets, I tell ya.
What a cutie! I love the Giraffe. Russell wasn't too fond of his hat on his costume either.
The neighborhood trick-or-treating was one of the best parts about our little old neighborhood! So many friends!
Me: "Aww. L was a giraffe for halloween!"
Brit: "But... his neck is so short..."
Both costumes were adorable. And I LOVE the idea of you being a surgeon and Ry being a mom! Cute!
That is very creative! And yes, L is the cutest giraffe I've seen!
Yeah Right! There is no way that Heather is going to let L eat all of that candy. L's haul can only mean one thing - Ryan is going to have a treat in his lunch every day for the next month. That is quite the racket you got going on over there Ryan.
I love the way that L is lining up all of his candy. Do you really wear a bathrobe everyday or is that Ryan's interpretation of a stay-at-home mom? I don't wear my bathrobe quite that much, but my pajamas sure get a lot of use.
So cute!!! Logan is getting so big! It makes me sad that we are missing it. The fact that he is already manifesting his OCD qualities (sorting candy into types) is hilarious. I love it! I hope that Charlie does that same kind of thing. Miss you guys! ARe you going to be around for Christmas this year?
Too cute for words, both costumes! Can't wait to see you all soon!
I LOVE the giraffe costume! It's so cute!
And I also love that you've got an organizer. Haha... =)
What a cutie! ANd how fun that you two switched roles. LOL
What an amazing and organized little guy...Not to mention really cute in both costumes...always good to have a back-up! xo C
Oh the Giraffe was so cute, too bad he didn't want to wear it again! That's ok though because you were prepared and had the backup. I also thought the bones thing went well with your costume! Ps I loved the switched roles idea!
those are so cute, Heather -- I love it! I'm sad we didn't go trick or treating together. It just felt so weird and off to go trick or treating on Oct. 29.... :)
such cute costumes! he's getting so big.
So darn cute! Hope you guys are doing great!
Cute costumes!! What fun! I sure miss that ward Halloween party. I hope you did another pie-eating contest for me :) Little L is so cute and such a handsome little guy. Hope all is well.
What a cute costume! It looks like you guys had a great Halloween!
Very cute costume! I love seeing L in his Halloween gear. Thanks for sharing.
What a cutie L is in both costumes! Oh and I love how you and Ryan dressed up...I would NEVER get Darren to dress in a robe as a mom but it would be priceless to see it! You guys are so fun!
Post a Comment