Saturday, February 2

january days

 Looking at the frost one morning through a magnifying glass. It was L-man's idea and now he's obsessed.

 Reading books with Daddy is a big highlight.

 Sunrises. Once again, L-man noticed it first and told me to take a picture. :)

Our weather these days has been light-jacket sunshine ...

... to an ice/sleet/rain storm. This wasn't anything compared to what we had in Ohio, but for down here in NC it was a big deal. 

 Grocery stores were packed, everyone stocking up for the winter weather alert. It was only a little funny. :)

It brought the closest thing next to snow that we've seen since moving here! 

 The working conditions were a little rough.

Ryan's schedule has been crazy this month, and he amazes me every day with his abilities to push through. I got sick last week which really threw me for a loop (and the house). But just this past Saturday we both were willing and able to go on a fun family outing to the Nature Museum.

 The butterfly room was my personal favorite. And if L-man weren't so excited to see what was always around the next corner I imagine we could have spent a long time here. 


The kids loved it, and I loved doing something with Ry. 

Compared to the previous couple of months, the month of January has been down-right slow and hard. But we have still found ways to connect, and have had lots of fun. It has been a great time to lay low, get sick, read lots of books, and cuddle a lot. 
I think we need a good couple of days with sunshine and I will feel the energy of life again. Right now we're taking it easy. :)

5 comments:

Lauren said...

Amen! I just want the sun to shine through my windows once this week! OK those pictures with those butterflies are amazing. I honestly thought you photoshopped them in at first! Your children are so gorgeous!

Joseph L. said...

I love all these updates, Heather - you are awesome. The midwinter blahs are here, too, but seeing your cute kids and (once-in-a-great-while) you (even if it's just reflected in the lense of your kids' shades) cheers me up pretty quickly.

Joseph L. said...

ack - that's Tara not Joseph. Sorry - didn't realize he was signed in. :)

Angela said...

Oh those snow and butterfly pictures are awesome!

Cynthia said...

Oh how I love to see you all...those cute kids doing fun things and all your insights and reflections! Sometimes you wish days could last forever and sometimes you gotta say...this too shall pass!! Love you!! C