Sunday, July 8

lady-le turns two

Lady-LE (or Ellie, Elle, Babygirl, or Mrs.) 
TWO YEARS OLD!!

Current Stats: 
Weight: 25 lbs. 5oz. - 30th percentile
Height: 35 in. - 80th percentile

Her life these days: (with photos of the past year interspersed) 
Her vocabulary is out of this world. The amount that she talks constantly amazes me, and she loves to learn new words. She uses complete sentences a lot now.

She can count up to 20 and identify all the letters in the alphabet when asked (although singing the song is still tricky).

When she gets mad, embarrassed, bossy, or shy, she will pucker her lips together as she talks. She talks in a lower voice when she's mad, and with the lips it's just hilarious. But my favorite time is when she's playing coy with us and trying not to smile, she'll try puckering her lips and it's just a faint indication that she's trying hard to be serious. It is darling!

When she gets in trouble (as in, I've counted to three before she obeyed me), she immediately flips a switch in her tone and voice and looks at me with the sweetest face and talks to me as if nothing happened. She's trying to play games with me and it does not work!

Swimming is really fun! She's more into than L-man at this age, and I think it's completely due to watching her older brother. She loves to kick her feet, and she loves to pretend to float on her back. But  she still freaks out if water touches her face.

90% of the times I give her a PB&J sandwich she will immediately take apart the two pieces of bread and eat only the jam side. I try to sneak peanut butter under the jam in a really thin layer, but if she catches on then she'll lick the jam off and say she's done. Other times she will eat the entire sandwich without a hitch. Really just depends on how hungry she is.

Waking up in the morning always means being happy. Waking up after nap always means being grumpy. Always. Depending on what our activities are after naptime, it has taken her up to 45 minutes to get out of the "funk" she is in after waking up. Sometimes there are easy fixes to it, but other times she's really stubborn and committed to being grumpy.

She is a professional at egging L-man on in rough-housing or chasing games, and then will turn into the "victim" faster than I can anticipate.

Her knees are constantly red and roughed up. She falls all the time, trying to keep up with L-man. She's getting faster, but trips a ton.

Burp cloths, two babies, one stuffed monkey, and her blanket ALL need to be in her bed when it's time to sleep. We'll have to cut back for our vacation, but no matter where we are burp cloths are by far still her comfort item (and luckily we have about eight of them, and she'll go for any of them which is fantastic!).

She knows the words to quite a few songs, but will only sing them by herself. Or if it's a new song, then she'll wait to hear what you say, and then repeat it. She'll constantly be a phrase or sentence behind, but singing her heart out.

Her attention span for reading books is remarkable. She loves to sit and read the same level of books (as in, length and details) as I read to L-man. She still loves the shorter ones, and will read books with you for as long as you can.

Cuddling only happens if I have one of her burp cloths on my shoulder. Then she'll rest her head on it, curl her knees up under her body, and fold her arms under her so her body is practically a little ball.

Hugs, kisses, and noses. In that order.

Whenever I sit down at the computer, she climbs up the chair and stand on the back portion (I typically sit on the edge). Then she will precariously wrap her right leg around my left side and say "sit on lap mommy!" over and over again until I help get her weight distribution right and she is nice and comfy on my lap. Never fails.

There are only two volumes to her voice. Her talking is crazy soft. She is either screaming and everyone can hear her, or she is quietly talking in such a faint voice no one can hear unless you are right next to her. Practically none of our home videos pick up on her talking voice, so it just looks like she's moving her mouth. :)

Recently she has developed the screaming "Cheese!" face whenever she sees the camera. It lasts for just a second of two; but if you catch it, it's priceless.

A few other favorite things:
Toys: babies, strollers, mom's shoes, sunglasses, anything resembling lotion
Activities/Games: laughing at big brother, walking to neighbor's house, swimming, running, puzzles,
Books: The Little Engine That Could; Brown Bear, Brown Bear; I Love You Stinky Face, The Yellow School Bus,
Food: any and all kinds of fruit, carrots, rice, green beans, chicken nuggets, toast with jam, turkey slices, cheese sticks, yogurt, "snacks" which means fruit snacks
Songs: Jesus Wants Me For a Sunbeam, Popcorn Popping, I'm So Glad When Daddy Comes Home, I Am a Child Of God, Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Da, Teach Me to Walk in the Light of His Love

"Cheese" face
We love you, sweet girl! Thanks for sharing the best year yet with us. Can't wait for more!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Heather, I just LOVED hearing all Lady LE's unique 'isms'... especially her pucker face and peanut butter 'phobia'! What a character! I can't believe she is so big!

and beautiful. Well, that I CAN believe.

what did you do for her big day?

ps. I miss you like crazy. For some reason I've been all nostalgic the past few weeks. I was at the bunny fountains last week with Gwen and Caroline and kept thinking about when you were prego with LE and still taking all those beautiful photos of Gwen... You are so talented and generous and I miss your infectious laughter!...oh, and I just got called as the Laurel advisor, so I think of you in YW now too! :)

Dave said...

Angela again =)

I love her sweet, soft, little voice. She needs to spend more time with Matty! We love you baby L!! So glad we got to see you just a few weeks ago!