Thursday, March 17

match day

Match Day in the medical world is a big deal. All across the country, 4th year medical students all open an envelope at the exact same time that reveals where they will complete their residency training. It's the first real "Doctor" job they will have, and ranges anywhere from 3-7 years (not including fellowships).

Today was the day! And here are our results:
Carolinas Medical Center
Charlotte, North Carolina!

I am so proud of R and all the crazy hard work he has done to be such a good applicant. I honestly cannot say enough good things about him, and we are both really excited for the future! CMC was our first choice, which was a difficult decision to make since it was the farthest from family. It is an amazing program, a great fit for R, and a wonderful opportunity for our little family. We are so thankful and can't wait for this next adventure. Bring it. 

16 comments:

the Danosaur said...

Today was a crazy emotional day! I'm so glad you got your first choice. It will be great to see you guys when you come out to Utah!

linzi said...

WOOHOO!!!! Congratulations!!! What a dream! We are so happy for you. I'm going to miss you with all of my heart.

alyson said...

Sooo excited for you guys! Seriously, congrats! But I ditto Linzi, we are sure going to miss you!!!

Jenn said...

Congratulations! North Carolina is a great place. It'd be so fun to see y'all when you get here, but we'll probably be trading places with you and heading to the midwest about that time. Great job to Ryan for getting his first choice!

Unknown said...

Eric and I were talking on the drive home last night about how lonely this next year will be without so many of our closest friends. We are thrilled for your success... but admittedly sad to see you go. Congrats guys! Hope you have a blast... and only miss us a lil bit :)

Tara said...

DAH! I am so excited for you guys, I can hardly stand it! :) What a great adventure. Way to go Ryan!!!!!! We cannot WAIT to come see you in NC! We love you so much (I'm so glad I get to see you next month so I don't have to go crazy) (great picture of you two, by the way - I love the absolutely radiant smiles) (had enough parenthesis yet?) (LOVE YOU!)

Havalah Turner | Sisters, What! said...

Congratulations! Brigg matches next week for Pharmacy residency; I'm getting excited.

Steph said...

Congrats on getting your first choice!!! We arecso happy for you, but we will definitely miss you guys :0(

Jackie said...

Hooray! Congrats.

You'll be just 5 hours from us (just?) so let us know if you ever want to have a luxurious weekend in Richmond, Virginia. :)

Hey, It's me...Jessica said...

Congratulations! The south is another culture entirely! We loved it! The food is amazing!

Good luck on the next leg. Can't wait to hear all about it.

bbfamwagon said...

What a wonderful picture of the two of you! If you're half as happy as you look, you must be ecstatic! Congratulations, again!!

Angela said...

You guys look SO HAPPY!! I am happy for you! Congratulations!

Megan and Jeremy said...

Congrats! Big news! I've NC is beautiful, sunny & warm so enjoy :)

Cynthia said...

Yeah! I am so excited to go to North Carolina to visit you!! Every time I tell someone that's where you are going, I hear how wonderful it is. Ang and Tait were at Duke in Raleigh/Durham area for 2 years and said Charlotte is beautiful!! I love the "Bring it!" You guys have such a great attitude not to mention a pretty adventurous life lately!! xo C

Dave said...

You guys have a friend named "the Danosaur"? Congrats on NC, I'm thoroughly convinced that the east coast is better the more south or north you go from Jersey... =)

Katie said...

Congratulations! How exciting.