Is there a better way to upload your videos to your blog? I have so many that I'd love to put up, but they take
forever to load. There's one that is a little over a minute, and I left it loading all night long, and it still wasn't done by morning. Is there a way to shrink it, or should I try it through another program? I know so many people who put 3+ minute videos up ... do you just surrender your computer to the loading process for a few days?
6 comments:
I couldn't get Blogger to load my videos, ever. I use onetruemedia.com. It take a while to upload still, but it actually works for me! Good luck!
Beats me. If you ever figure it out, please share!
... and I hope you do, because I LOVE watching your adorable videos of L scooting around and making cute faces!
depending on your computer it will go faster or slower... obviously. Slow internet connections can mess it up too. sometimes it helps to convert your files to quicktime movies. you may be able to find those online. because of your post, i decided to try to post a video and a 1 minute video took about 5 minutes. i dont know if that helps at all? ps i met your sister out here in kansas:) you guys look like youre family:)
You need to decompress your video first. The video quality you are using is way too much for blogger to handle. That's why it is taking so long.
You need to host the video somewhere else, like youtube, in order to reduce the resolution. Then you need to embed the file into a blogger post.
Blogger offers people a tiny amount of bandwidth and you are shooting high definition picture with your fancy video to DVD camera.
Once you sign into youtube there is a step by step explanation on how to upload. Just click the "UPLOAD" button.
If you need more help then call me.
Eric
Compress your video is what I meant. I'm stupid today.
So you have probably received all the tutorials and advice that you need already, but I thought I'd share mine in case it could be of use to you. I totally know what you mean - the last video of Marianne, the one of her laughing, was loading for several hours when I gave up, and Jared showed me a quicker way - I had saved it as an .avi file, which is HUGE, so instead I saved it as an .mpeg, which is relatively 1/20 of the size of an .avi file (using Windows Movie Maker). Then it took about 20-30 minutes to uplaod, and it's about 5 minutes long. So I saved it in a much lower quality, but you can't even tell because the videos on blogger are on such a tiny screen that the quality doesn't matter. If I wanted the video on a huge screen, I would use .avi. Anyway I hope that makes sense. But I know how you feel - I am somewhat technology illiterate so Jared taught me all that. I hope it helps! And your videos of Logan are so cute that they are worth any amount of time! :)
Post a Comment