I just got home from a doctor's appointment. He's in the right position ... but that's about as far as it goes. I'm dilating to a one. No other progression. Looks like he's content to hang out for just a little while longer. And in some ways, I am grateful for that. It allows me time to be reflective ... and here's what I've been thinking about lately.Amusing milestones I reached through this pregnancy:
1. There is a pair of jeans that I still wear to this day only because of the miraculous capibilities of a belt. I cannot button these jeans - as with many other articles of clothing - but even worse is the fact that I can't even zip any part of the zipper. I wear them quite often, and it's all because of the belt. Amazing.
2. Whenever I poke my belly, or lean against my desk, or exert any kind of pressure on my stomach I feel him move around to try to get comfortable again (at least that's what I think he's doing!). It's fun to play games with him and make him move around in his increasingly smaller home. I figure that if he's making my body look the way it does, the least I can do is have fun with him!
3. I have been rather stubborn at times to continue any form of indepence, but I finally reached the point this past weekend of needing Ryan to tie my shoes. In any normal circumstance I really try hard to accomplish little tasks like this by myself - just because I'm pregnant doesn't mean that I'm incapable! But when we bundled up to go outside in the snow, with all the layers (even though I couldn't zip or button up my snow pants), it was just too painful to bend over. Sad, but true. And I hope it won't happen again.
4. It is a rare day while at work I do not spill food on myself. This belly seems to attrack all kinds of attention, and stains are no exception! Since I sit at a computer all day long, I always have some kind of food out which somehow makes its way onto my shirt. Soup days are the worst!
5. Normally the comment "you look tired" is never a good thing (it obviously means you're not looking your best!); but someone said that to me last week after a night of tossing and turning and I gladly accepted it as a compliment! It's hard work carrying a baby, and it was nice of that person to acknowledge my efforts. :)
6. While playing soccer in high school, my friends and I used to joke that our shin guards made us look like we had 'cankles' - or in other words, there was no definition between our calves and our ankles. Sadly, I have come to know this term more intimately than ever before. Ryan and I joke that sometimes I look like I have 'thankles' ... but that might be one of those you-had-to-be-there kind of jokes!
7. I've had a handful of people say to me, "Why, you're all baby!" Previously, I translated this comment in my head as nice way of saying "Holy cow, you're huge! That belly's about to explode!" I have always just agreed with the person and tried to keep the conversation going. But today, while at the BMV (that's Buckeye jargon for DMV) as Ryan and I finally succumbed to turning in our prettier licenses for ugly Ohio ones, one lady in particular made this comment, and elaborated to say that I would have the baby and be back in a bikini by the beginning of summer! (little does she know ...) As we continued to talk, I realized it was a compliment to have someone say that I'm "all baby" - and I've been ignorantly agreeing with all of these compliments the whole time! Oh well ... it's nice to get a good laugh in once in a while. :)
7. I've had a handful of people say to me, "Why, you're all baby!" Previously, I translated this comment in my head as nice way of saying "Holy cow, you're huge! That belly's about to explode!" I have always just agreed with the person and tried to keep the conversation going. But today, while at the BMV (that's Buckeye jargon for DMV) as Ryan and I finally succumbed to turning in our prettier licenses for ugly Ohio ones, one lady in particular made this comment, and elaborated to say that I would have the baby and be back in a bikini by the beginning of summer! (little does she know ...) As we continued to talk, I realized it was a compliment to have someone say that I'm "all baby" - and I've been ignorantly agreeing with all of these compliments the whole time! Oh well ... it's nice to get a good laugh in once in a while. :)
12 comments:
holy cow, you're cute! :)
Have you not yet learned that the belly IS your table? It brings the food a lot closer to your mouth. Or is that the source of your problem?
Sadly enough, strange-lady-at-BMV was right. And i'm probably gonna look more pregnant than you at powell this year. :( You frustratingly adorable thing, you.
Those are wonderful milestones to have reached! It's just another season in your life. Welcome to motherhood! No matter how you feel, I want you to know that you look fantastic!
I can't believe the baby is coming so soon!! You do look so beautiful! I can't wait to see you and your little family in a few weeks!
I'm so excited! That's all I have to say...
You've got to love the comments from random people. There is just something about a pregnant belly that can make complete strangers think it's okay to come rub it or comment on it. You do look great though! Congrats!
Heather you look so great!!! I have to respond to #6 "YOU'RE WELCOME!" :) Nothing like a little Barrus humor!
You are so cute! And just enjoy the random pregnant comments...pretty soon they'll be over! I love the snow-day pictures too. I love snow-days! Looks like yours was a winner!
See you soon!
xo
You are so, so adorable, and i agree with the nice BMV lady. I'm so excited for you two...he's almost here!
You look great. Everyone else's pregnancies always go by so fast! You two are going to be such great parents, what a lucky little boy.
Is he here yet?!!
Good luck with everything in the next little while! We can't wait to see what the little guy looks like. You are going to be an awesome mom!
Post a Comment